How to system restore?

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to do a system restore, which i want to take it back 2weeks, i have xp home edition and when i go into system restore i see a calendar with a date in BOLD there but i cant seem to move the Calendar back two weeks, can some one tell me HOW to do this please? Also can I download internet explorer 6.0 over top of the preinstalled one, i think it may be damaged?

I'm not sure about sys restore, but as far as IE goes, just goto the windows update site and upgrade your browser, all should go well.... has for me.

start>programs>acc>system tools>system restore
or %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

tomsxp1, do you use any MacAfee products?

I believe MacAfee QuickClean deleted a registry key of some kind related to System Restore, which made it unable to save restore points and such. Just a stab in the dark...

You might be partly right, i had a the w32Cholera2 virus last week and it may have done a few things i dont know about that why i wanted to do a system restore and go back to just before i got the virus! I was told i need to get back the winsock32.dll (not the wsock.dll , i have that already) and I found the download site for dll's But can any one tell me which one of these two do i download or does it matter? Here they are>>>" I was wondering, what is this dll for? and which one of these two am i suppose to download? >>> winsock.dll (2864 bytes)

winsock.dll (73325 bytes)
Any help for be appreciated very much, TOM, Ps, I have windowsXp Home edition

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back