How to setup a Statusbar in Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Peter_CapeTown, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Hi

Anyone know how to switch ON the status bar in all Explorer windows by default....? Thanks! :)

2. Alan

Alan its only fun

Hi Peter_CapeTown ,

First off welcome to the community;)

Click on view in I.E. and make sure the status bar has a tick along side it.

Hope this helps you

Alan

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Toggle it.
    Tools
    Folder Options
    View (tab)
    Apply to All Folders
    Click OK
    Close Windows Explorer
    Re-open.

4. Re: Re: How to setup a Statusbar in Explorer

Thanks for the welcome Alan. Merry Xmas! Hehe, thanks for the tip but I actually wanted to know how to get all Explorer Windows to have a status bar by default in Windows XP.
    It's tedious to always switch it on this way every time you start go online etc. Thanks! :)

5. Alan

Alan its only fun

You could give this a try.

open I.E. then open a new window, then close the original window [its important that you close the 1st window], now click on view [in the second open window] and tick status bar, then close the second window.

Now hopefully it should be enabled on all open windows.

/me Keeps fingers crossed

If I have not explained the procedure to well, someone will give the correct way to do it.

I really hope this helps ;)

Alan

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Do what madmatt said. Internet explorer & windows explorer are tied together for this. Set it in windows explorer & IE will happily follow.

Open Windows Explorer\View\select Status Bar. Then click Tools\Folder Options\View. Then click Apply to all Folders. Click Apply.