How to remove??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZipTriX, May 20, 2002.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Anyone know how to remove commands from the rightclick menu? Check screenshot to see what I want exactly removed.
  2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Easy to do with TweakUI. Download on this page.
  3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I don't see the options to remove those specific items.
  4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    I've got things like that in my R/C that I want to get rid of. I hope someone has the answer. Tweak UI took out file extentions but I can't see where to go to get rid of the other stuff.
  5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

What no dirk or dealer input here? lol
  6. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

I beleive i've found the solution:

Open Regedit, browse to Hkey_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\

Enqueue = Enqueue in Winamp
    Play = Play in Winamp
    ListBookmark = Add to Bookmark List

I'm sure you will find some others too, since i dont have all the options here that you have on your picture.

LOL, forgot to say, just delete the folders to make it go away :)
  7. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

Yet another tweak here, the one above wont remove the "Copy to Audio CD" option, so i snooped around and found it.

Find {8DD448E6-C188-4aed-AF92-44956194EB1F} and delete it.

That should get rid of it, did it for me!!

Remember to take backups if anything should happen though!

I know i did..
  8. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

Here is what it looks like.

If you want to remove the "Open" too (it was in the black box) you can do that also.

It is in the same folder as the other winamp options and is called plain open.
  9. mattg1981

mattg1981 Guest

Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

Download RegClean .. not the microsoft program but the one available at Install the program then go to "shell extensions" .... from that list you will see every single possible right click context imaganable ... find the ones that you no longer want and delete them. That simple!
  10. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

You are the man, ExWhap! I attached what mine looks like now. Two more things to get rid of. All I can tell you is that they are related to media player. :mad: They are within the blackbox again. Thanks for the help so far! *whispers* this is just for the musci files, I'll post more on the graphic files, ie jpgs bmps etc.

*side note* do you know how to get rid of the "My Pictures" and "My Music" folder and keep them from coming back?
  11. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

Add to Playlist : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

Delete this key : {F1B9284F-E9DC-4e68-9D7E-42362A59F0FD}

Open :

delete the open key.

I'm not 100% sure about the first one, since i dont have that one, so export it first and see what happens when you delete pls :)
  12. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

Regarding My Music and My Pictures, i dont have that problem myself (them coming back) but you could try doing the following.

Open Regedit, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Here, delete the My Music and My Pictures key.

Again, im not sure it'll work but might as well give it a try?

I'm pretty sure it will work :)
  13. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

lol you misread it. it's not open. it's play. if I click on it media player opens, which I do not want. i'm going to check the others now.

UPDATE: Problem! lol After deleting the "Play With Winamp" and "Open" my mp3s will no longer play in winamp when double clicked. Instead WMP opens. :mad: So, back to the drawing board. lol
  14. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

lol sorry mate, try this then

** I'm really not sure about this one so export it before doing anything, in case you want it back **

Delete {CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}
  15. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

If you go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMPFile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WMPPlayAsPlaylist

you'll see that the entry there is pointing to the foler you mentioned. I'm going to uninstall winamp first and work of getting rid of the WMP selections. Once those are gone, I think it would be easier to eliminate the winamp ones.
  16. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Ok I just got done reformatting. Figure it would be easier to do this editing from the beginning. :D

The selected options are for WMP, I know that much. I don't use WMP for anything. I would also like to completely remove Outlook Express, since I don't use it either. If anyone knows how to completely remove these programs, I would prefer to do that.
  17. Hipster Doofus

Melbourne Australia
    Re: Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

That's my way of doing things. Thanks for that. :D
  18. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Re: Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

Is this what you are talking about exactly? I'm assuming by removing, what is in the attached, will remove what I want removed?
  19. Hipster Doofus

Melbourne Australia
    Simple.....Your kidding

I've got at least 100 things in there. Doesn't look like that is the way to go. :confused: