How to remove recycle bin

Peter

OSNN Junior Addict
whats the easiest and quickest and easiest way to remove the recycle bin from the desktop???

regards

Peter

Peter said:
whats the easiest and quickest and easiest way to remove the recycle bin from the desktop???

regards

Peter

I've attached the file for download..it lets you remove and restore the Bin to the desktop.

"You can remove the Recycle Bin from your desktop, without loosing the ability to delete files. You can still right-click on a file and select Delete, as well as using the Del key on your keyboard. Furthermore, there will still be a Recycle Bin directory on every drive. To add the Delete option to the Recycle Bin's context menu, follow these instructions:

Download the Rename Recycle Bin Registry Patch (1k)
Double-click on add delete to recycle bin.reg to make the change - it should take effect immediately.
You'll then be able to remove the Recycle Bin by right-clicking on it, and selecting Delete.
This will also add the Rename option to the Recycle Bin's context menu. (see Rename the Recycle Bin for more information)."

TweakUI will do it for ya no probs

If you have XP pro can do it this way
1) Go to START and select Run
2) Type GPEDIT.MSC
3) Navagate to User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Click on Desktop
4) On the right hand search " Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop " and double left click on it to ENABLE it.

or on XP Home
Create or modify the following registry entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

REG_DWORD

0x00000001

getting rid of recycle bin from desktop

how do i do the above.

regards

Peter

right click on desktop /select arrange icons by/ uncheck view desktop icons

Do you mean not use a recycling bin? Just permanantly delete the files?

Right click the recycle bin>properties>"Do Not Move Files To Recycle Bin"

NLM said:
right click on desktop /select arrange icons by/ uncheck view desktop icons

That would remove all the icons, wouldn't it? ;)

Here's what you need to do to remove only the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop in XP Pro.
1) Start>Run>gpedit.msc
2) Go to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Desktop
3) On the right-side pane, look for "Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop", double click it, and select Enable.

Or (especially if you are using XP Home) add this registry value

{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} REG_DWORD 0x00000001

to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
or/and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu

If any of the above keys isn't there, create it.

Please don't post the same thing twice. Threads merged

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back