how to remove everything from norton

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by apu95, Sep 11, 2004.

1. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

my dad got norton 2004 for his pc at work, which previously had norton 2002. the license in the 2002 version had expired so the hospital got new copies of 2004 for everyone :D
    anyways, im the computer tech for his office, so im supposed to install it on all the pc's (4 or 5). since his license expired, even though i uninstall norton 2002 from the pc (and manually erasing any entry from the registry which has 'norton' or 'symantec' in it), i cant renew the subscription when i install 2004. it keeps telling me it expired and that i have to buy a new one.

anyone knows how to get rid of this?

thanks,
    Apu

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Have you activated it yet? (2004).

3. apu95

yeah yeah, i followed the install procedure as normal, but it still doesnt work.
    i emailed norton like 5 days ago but they havent replied yet.
    i also tried the removal tool from symantec but it did nothing.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Try uninstalling them all including live reg and live update. Reinstall 2004 again, try it on one machine first.

Go here also to obtain the latest live update software.

apu95 likes this.
  5. apu95

did that (for the second time) and now it works...
    i went manually thru the entire registry and erased everything as well and then installed.
    thx Lee :):)

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Ohh well, nice, last time I used a norton removal utility , for norton system works 2003, it removed my system configuration and took me a few hours to sort it out. Least you're sorted
    :) Your dad will be happy.

7. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

About the only way to get rid of norton is to do a reformat. I would suggest staying away from the peace of garbage. Mind you this is my opinion now lol ..