How to make .AVI show clearer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bondar, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Bondar

Bondar Guest

When I download say like a video (Enemy at the Gates)
    its resolution is really bad, does anyone know how to make
    the resolution really good, or the extension of something else
    I know that DVD's work good, but what about the videos I download.

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

That can't be done. When resolution is really low, like 320 x 240 and you want to blow it up to 640 x 480, whatever program you use must add the other (640x480 - 320x240) 153600 pixels to the film, but because there is no information on what the missing pixels must represent, you always get a blurry image. That's because the program (whatever you like) must double the pixels, like black and black, white and white etc.

3. Bondar

Bondar Guest

Is there any way I can make it DVD Quality

Is there any way I can make it DVD Quality? And play it through my DVD player.

4. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Your DVD Player should play all kinds of movies whether they be DVD's, DIVX, or Just ASF's. The Quality that I rip my movies at is 3 CDS and they are perfect DVD Quality, I.E I usually encode and don't change resolutions and the picture comes out PERFECT...:D

5. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

Re: Is there any way I can make it DVD Quality

The movie quality will be equal or poorer that its original rip. If it was ripped like crap, it won't change... Try downloading a better version!

To play it with your DVD player, you'll have to convert it in VCD ou SVCD (if your player can handle this format) but ven with this conversion, the quality cannot be increased. you can visit this page or this one to learn how to convert video formats.