How to install...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by MicroTechXP, Jun 22, 2005.

1. MicroTechXP

MicroTechXP OSNN Junior Addict

Hello everyone as you know me in the other forum asking which CMS is better. I have bought Virtua News and I nead to install it. I am new to this stuff so can anyone tell me how to install this? Like I mean going step by step and telling me what to do...

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Should have some sort of README that should walk you thru it. Or check the VirtuaNews site for info.

3. MicroTechXP

The manual dose give me a link and it dose not work and I chacked on the site and I have forund nothing...

4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Use their support forums. They have support forums on purpose. you can get your information there. If you can afford VirtuaNews you can afford the time to spend and learn how to use it.

Most of us here do not have the money to buy it, and prefer open source solutions that are free of charge for our websites.

5. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

or write a miniCMS of our own that does exactly what I need at the time :D

6. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

If he can't install it himself I doubt he's going to be able to build his own CMS. :p I'd check on the forums as X-Istence said and see if you can find an alternate link. If not, post there asking what's going on. And if you do have the money, check and see if they have a paid installation option as many scripts do.

7. MicroTechXP

ok I will look around... thanks for your help! If you have the installation guide please tell me....

8. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

9. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

If you don't see a README file then look for a "docs" folder. I don't think a quality CMS would ship w/out install info. ;)