"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
The NEW Album from U2

Release Date: November 23, 2004

The first single, "Vertigo," is set to be released before the end of the month.

Steve Lillywhite produced the new album, his first time producing an entire U2 album since Boy, October and War.

The new album will include 11 tracks, six of which are entitled as follows:
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
A Man and A Woman
Yahweh
Crumbs From Your Table

Early Praise
I've heard it, it's great. It's the best album they have ever done. It's going to knock them out! -Bill Flanagan, U2 Biographer
There's no crunk-style rapping, no gospel choirs or techno experiments. Instead, this album is just full of confident, expansive guitar rock from the masters of the form. -Time Magazine

November 22nd will be a great day! :D

November is turning out to be a great month :p

edit: it will be leaked early tho.

October then War then Joshua Tree is my own favourite order.

They always seem to release around November, maybe Bono knows it's my birth month and that is his thankyou for my buying all his books and music.

I have 'Boy' on a cassette, might be a good idea to buy boy on CD and the new album together, i wil drop hints to ' her whom must be obeyed'! (The Girl)

Grandmaster said:
November is turning out to be a great month :p
I'll be interested to see what they sound like when the first single hits the radio. One song won't define the sound [like it used to] but these days I never know what they'll come up with next.

edit: it will be leaked early tho.
And, of course, sadly, it already has.

rotjong

It's already been leaked? I won't hear a bit of it until November 22nd myself.

Ugh, more of Bono. Think I'll just get the scissors now and start jabbing my ear drums...

dreamliner77 said:
Ugh, more of Bono. Think I'll just get the scissors now and start jabbing my ear drums...
Is that really a useful post at all???

[killa_bunny] said:
Is that really a useful post at all???

No, and I asked that it be removed. For future posts, please don't flame the thread.

IT'S OUT! GO GET IT! :D

I'm listening to the album for the first time right now, and it is amazing! It's beautiful, classic U2 and I'm loving it the first time through. This isn't one of those you have to listen to a few times to start getting into it... what else can I say? I love it!!! :D

I really want to listen to it cause I love old U2 and hope they really do sound more like they used to like previously said

I listened to it on the U2 site a few day's ago and it's really good,I'll be buying it later :D

Had a little listen to it last night...though that was only the first two songs. Need to listen more before passing the final judgment :p

Album performance so far...

At the end of the first day of sales, "Vertigo" continues to be the #1 single on iTunes and the new album is #1 in the top albums slot. Also, "The Complete U2," the first-ever "digital box set," is #3 in sales. The box set is 445 songs -- including every album, single and b-side the band has ever recorded. The set is being sold for $149.99, instead of nearly $450.00 at the usual $0.99 per song. $149.99 is a bargain, but still quite a bit of money to shell out, so it's impressive that so many people have bought the set to push it to #3 in sales. Also, early predictions are that the album will surpass $1 million in U.S. sales by week's end.

a digital boxset? i would never buy a boxset of digital audio files.
the new album is great.
but i HATE the album title.

Any one have a favourite song off it?
I like Original of the Species

Tough to choose a favorite so soon, but I'm really loving "Miracle Drug" and "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own" at the moment. :D

I forgot!!!

/quits work and tells teh boss to screw off.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back