How to Create A Stand-alone DVD Player Compatible Photo CD ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by indyjones, Jul 1, 2004.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hey All.
    I was wondering if someone could help.
    I wish to create a photocd that is compatible with stand-alone dvd players.
    Does anyone know how to do this?
    Software I have includes adobe photoshop, nero 6 and i think i have a version of roxio floating about somewhere although its not installed.
    Or is there any good freeware/software to do this?
    Many thanks :)

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

1) Most newer DVD players are .jpg compatible, so just a data cd with jpg's should work fine. Some older ones are only Kodak photo cd compatible, not really sure how to make a Kodak photo cd.

2) some burning progams allow you to make a slideshow in dvd, vcd, or svcd format.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I just burned a disk with jpegs using the nero wizard. I could even put the files in folders and select from the on screen menu.

The down side - the speed was horrible. It took a minute to paint the image to the TV screen. The jpeg decoder in my DVD was too slow.

I think Nero also supports Photo CD format in the wizard.

4. onimkron

onimkron OSNN Senior Addict

I used photoshop and a program to make a 'SVCD' compliant cd for my jpeg iamges; it was a pretty painstakingly long process, but it did give you complete control on the menu interface, and the way images flow from one to the other.

The problem is that I can't remember the name of the program at the moment; I'll try to get back to you with it.

Or, you could always use programs like Photo2VCD, although I've never fully tried it.

edit: I used VCDeasy, but I just noticed tht you might want a more DVD-orientated version. If so, try this link: http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?howtoselect=3;52#3;52

(Sorry for the long post, I'm waay too tired for using the net)

5. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Thanks for all your help guys, but on the off change I just burnt the images to a cdrw as standard jpegs and it worked fine :) thanks again!