[HOW TO] Concurrent Remote Desktop in SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am able to get 3 logon remote sessions in total. Did anyone managed to get more remote sessions. Even if I put a value larger than 3 in the "LIMIT NUMBER OF CONNECTIONS" I cant have more than 3 LOGON at the same time. (would like to use 6 if possible):nervous:

I've done everything except copy the files in Safe Mode. The problem is that I cant get to Safe Mode. F8 brings me to a screen that asks me to select the boot device;

C

D

F

Floppy

CD Rom

IF I try F12 then I get a menu with the Safe Mode option but my Keyboard will not work, no lights no nothing, so I cant highlight and select the safe mode option.

Seems like the most obtuse problems have a way of finding only me, no one else that I have talked to has ever heard of this.

Any takers?

Figured it out, just needed abios setting changed to enable USB Legacy Support. Works great.

Thanks, these files are a godsend.

Guys,

This solution worked just fine for some months but now when I am trying, it is back to normal again meaning that it does not work.

I have checked the files and the registry entries and they are just fine. Does anyone know if M$ has published any other limitation to this in any later "Win update" package?

Rgrds
Magnus

Guys,

This solution worked just fine for some months but now when I am trying, it is back to normal again meaning that it does not work.

I have checked the files and the registry entries and they are just fine. Does anyone know if M$ has published any other limitation to this in any later "Win update" package?

Rgrds
Magnus

This is a fantastic find. All I want is to be able to RDP my cpu without kicking out the local user. This's great!

Thx!:smoker:

~~~Remote Desktop- MORE than 3 connections?~~~

Hi!
I am using Windows XP Pro with service pack 2. How can i have MORE than 3 concurrent users accessing my computer through Remote Desktop? Basically, how can i make it like Winconnect Server XP??
Right now i can ONLY have 3 conccurent sessions even though i have "Limit Number of Connections" set to 99999. I’ve searched the internet for DAYS maybe even a whole week and all the hacks I’ve seen can only give you three concurrent sessions. It seems like absolutely nobody has been able to get more than three besides the company that makes WinConnect Xp.
There are a few other people that would also like to know. We appreciate the help!!
For those people who just want 3 connections here is another link: http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop?from=50&comments_per_page=50
KEY WORDS: Remote desktop hack crack patch terminal server terminal services concurrent sessions simultaneous VNC netmeeting remote assistance 10 users 21 users 3 users 2+1 users 10 sessions 21 sessions 3 sessions 2+1 sessions registry hack local console dword 2082 2055 rdp termsrv.dll system32 Fast User Switching gpedit.msc group policy regedit.exe windows 2003 windows 2000 server windows server 2003 application server hack licensing token more users

_kC_ said:
One thing i am very annoyed about with SP2 is why they have added (in build 2055) and then taken away in the final Build (2180) Concurrent remote dektop and a physical user logged into the same machine....

so if you are now running the SP2 final, and would like too use this feature.. heres what you must do..

Attached is a zip with 3 files
1. termsrv.dl_ (in case you want too add to a Slipstreamed CD)
2. termsrv.dll
3. Concurrent Remote sessions SP2.reg

Ok, so heres what to do

1. extract the zip...
2. Right click on the reg file and press merge, (Click yes when it asks you)
3. Reboot in safe mode (press F8)
4. copy the termserv.dll too these 2 folders

a) C:\WINDOWS\system32
b) C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

(either make a copy of your original or rename the old one too .bak)

Then reboot back into normal windows... Now you can have a 2nd user physicaly logged into their account, while you can use your account via remote desktop BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!! :)

i cant believe MS removed this feature from the final build of SP2

the termserv here is from build 2055, if anyone knows any newer builds that this feature still worked, please let me know!

cheers

oh and if you want too add this too a slipstreamed SP2 CD, then simply copy the termsrv.dl_ too the i386 dir on the CD, then add the reg file to your regtweaks

:p
Are you shure that default windows treminal services are not enabled?

You are confused. You cannot have concurrent connections by default in Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2).

By replacing the files mentioned above and running the registry tweak you will be able to run concurrent connections.

Update. Now you can keep fast user switching off, and employ this solution to an XP system on a domain !!

Add this to the .reg file you already have if you've tried this wicked upgrade...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"AllowMultipleTSSessions"=dword:00000001

:)

At this moment single I have 3 connections (the 1 server and 2 clients), but need 30 connections or but!

HELP!!!!!!

XP as a rule of thumb only allows 10 concurrent connections to anything, such as file shares.

I am 99.9% sure this hack will only let you have 2 concurrent RDC connections to an XP workstation. If you need more than that, get a Windows 2000/2003 server.

10-4 to adding the users.. I didn't have them added.. and XP would LOCK UP HARD at random times.. users could log in.. but after that.. watch out.

Running XP under VMWare Server.. VMWare would even lock up sometimes.

Now that the users are added.. its smooth as silk... even with 5 conncurrent users.

aka said:
Well I found a few problems that might say why MS didn't put this feature (although they are not that serious).
For instance I had a user logged which didn't have rights to login remotely (gpedit.msc), I logged on remotely, and after that connected to the session of the user which didn't have rights for remote logins, after that winlogon crashed.

A thing I observed, also by switching between users in the same terminal window, is that if I switch to another user(user1), and then I switch back to user2 and I try to logoff user1 it logged out user2.... (this may not be that acurate though--there might have been other causes for that, although i can't think of anything)

Another thing is that if you try to remote control a user's session, and that user doesn't allow you to control it, It crashes windows... I mean a total FREEZE.

So take care, or maybe there are some other things I should do to make things work like they should?

Anyway it is a great thing what you did here guys, thumbs up.

Update. Now you can keep fast user switching off, and employ this solution to an XP system on a domain !!

Add this to the .reg file you already have if you've tried this wicked upgrade...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"AllowMultipleTSSessions"=dword:00000001

:)

Hey mastershakes - I've been banging my head against a wall on this one - can you please explain what you mean by above as I'm trying to do it on a computer that is a member of a domain and need the hack.

When I follow the instructions exactly and make the above reg entry, when I try to log onto the machien via TS it accepts the username and password then just blinks and disconnects the sessions.

Anyone else come across this?

If somebody did have problems with more than 10 concurrent connections, I have a correct patch. Mail me and I send the files.. or show me how can I attach files in this forum :) ##s_donega #at# yahoo #dot# com #dot# br .

stupid question. but which machine is the files supposed to be executed/copied to? the 'remote' pc or the 'server' machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back