[HOW TO] Concurrent Remote Desktop in SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
satkingno said:
Hmmm...Ok, i reinstalled, and now I have a ServicePackFiles\i386 folder.
Added tweak to the registry, rebooted in safe mode and replaced the files, but it still logs off the local user. Tried arra's solution, no joy.

I have only one user on the local machine, and i'm trying to log in as the same from remote desktop.
Do I have to create more users, and log on as a different one than the user logged on locally?

Best Regards
Working now! Had to create a new user and log in as the new user....the other user is still logged in now...sweet!!
Maybe it was obvious, but I'm not that good in XP or networking in general, hehe.
Thanks for all help, and for this great thread!

Best Regards

Does this still work?

Do you know if this still works. I just upgraded to SP2 today and I have tried everything and still can not get it to work. I changed the reg fiel as it described in one of the posts and still no luck. I have one admin account logged in on the desktop and I am trying to log in with a second admin account remotley. I get the normal (the other user will be kicked off and all unsave info will be lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
mike

I appear to have build 2600,xpsp.040423-1852(ServicePack2,v2120) is this effected by the same problem?

OK, I got it to work and I wanted to post my problem. I had Use fast user switching on and not use the welcome screen. After I enabled both of these in the User Accounts settings, I was able to make this work. I hope this helps someone else.

Mike

remote desktop :((

hi i applied that patch and tried to log in as another user and it doesnt work its still saying to log the current user off, i did it all in safe mode acept for the servicepack dir

final build sp2 ?

the final build is 2180 right ?

Attachments

• info.png
    info.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 330
yes, but the termserv dll comes from build 2155

strange

i am running NL version of xp and in the about screens its says 2158 ipv 2180 ????

How can I see or monitor who is logged on?

I would like to be able to check or see / monitor if there is anyone else logged on to the PC while im sitting at it.

Does it matter if your xp pro machine on connected to a domain? I cannot seem to make it work for me.

You are the sunshine under my wings!

KC,

I tried this, I used currentcontrolset0 and it worked 1st time..

Thank you, thank you thank you

Now if I could just copy files back and forth like a pcanywhere session :D

justinm said:
KC,

Now if I could just copy files back and forth like a pcanywhere session :D

setup VPN or FTP or a simple network shares;)

curticus1 said:
I would like to be able to check or see / monitor if there is anyone else logged on to the PC while im sitting at it.
bring up taskmanager, then go to users ;)

Hi there "kC_ Some idiot ;)" you really helped me out just wanted to say that btw how did you discover what dll`s you needed .... just wondering chears

remote desktop is a form of a terminal service ;]

Hi there,

I have some troubles getting this to work. I've installed an NL version of XP SP2. I copied the files to the correct directories, edited the reg-key and merged it. So far so good. When I startup my machine I get an error in the Generic Host Proces.

szAppName svchost.exe szAppver: 5.1.2600.2180 szModName termsrv.dll szModVer: 5.1.2600.2055

Is the language difference causing this problem??

Any help is welcome.

thnx

i guess it is.. ive only tried on english XP PRO sp2
reboot in safe mode and put your original file back, if u didnt back it up do a
sfc /scannow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back