[HOW TO] Concurrent Remote Desktop in SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I have been searching for about four hours today trying to get the correct information. I only wish I would have found this thread sooner. Thanks again. It works like a charm!

Sorry to say but there is an error in this fine tweak.
Luckily its easy to fix.
The .reg file should read "CurrentControlSet" instead of "ControlSet001".
I suppose that's why it works for some and doesn't for others.

Reg file

Can I just edit the .ref file and run it ?

Or do I have to undo the anything in Regedit before ?

Thanks

OK for me also

Did it as explain in first post : OK ;) .

thanks !!!

I will no more disconnect my wife when i connect on my PC from work :p .

C U

NulboX

Don't work for me..

Replaced "CurrentControlSet" instead of "ControlSet001" in the reg file.. Registered with "CurrentControlSet" "ControlSet001" and also i have "ControlSet003" all set to dword "1"

I have replaced termserv.dll in safe mode for both places \WINDOWS\system32 and \WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

Also have Fast user switching enabled..

I though Group Policy was messing up the whole thing.. so..

1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the Group Policy editor, click to expand Computer Configuration, click to expand Administrative Templates, click to expand Windows Components, and then click to expand Terminal Services.

Everything seems "OK" but i cannot log two concurrent remote users

Can you have a user logged on and then connect with a remote user?

When i'm connecting by remote, a warning pop-up appears saying it will disconnect the users currently logged. i'll try to post screenshot later.. browsing while working is bad :D

Now it's working, i didn't create a "full" user.. and i suggest messing with Group Policy editor, you can customize options such as Keep alive, Automatic reconnection, number of connection and blablabla

Wow! Thanks this is the only feature I was looking forward to in SP2, now I have a reason to install it! (oh and I guess the extra security 'benifites' too)

This will be usefull for remote desktoping from work.

THANK YOU! GRACIAS! THANK YOU! GRACIAS!
This is what I've been searching for this for an entire day and now I've found it and have tried it and IT WORKS!

WOOOOOOOOTTTTT!

I got this to work at home, and its great! No more kicking people off while they are working on my pc at home (I share it with mah family)...all programs run fine, and there is no crashing....

Also, there isnt (or doesnt seem to be at the moment) any heavy use of the CPU or RAM that ive seen (3.2 P4 800 bus, 1 gig ram), so all programs work like a charm for either user who is loged on to the pc.

(Makes you wonder, can you fully upgrade a winxp box to have full TS functionality? :p)

SO, thank you soooooooooo much for this post! very very helpfull.

yeh this feature rox
if only someone could hack the terminal services from windows 2003 ;)

Hi.

I cannot seem to find the folder "C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386"....
I have done the rest of the instructions, but it is not working for me.
I have XP pro slipstreamed with SP2 Final.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best Regards

hmm my sys was sp1 updated too sp2, so maybe your one doesnt create the service pack folder.. so u shouldnt need too put files there..
i did include the files too add too a slipstreamed/unnatended cd so that it will automatically do concurrent from a clean instal... check the first post

_kC_ said:
hmm my sys was sp1 updated too sp2, so maybe your one doesnt create the service pack folder.. so u shouldnt need too put files there..
i did include the files too add too a slipstreamed/unnatended cd so that it will automatically do concurrent from a clean instal... check the first post
Yep, I'll try to put it in the slipstreamed and do a new install. Thanks a lot!

also check arra's post, he found some problem with the reg entry and provides an alternative

Hmmm...Ok, i reinstalled, and now I have a ServicePackFiles\i386 folder.
Added tweak to the registry, rebooted in safe mode and replaced the files, but it still logs off the local user. Tried arra's solution, no joy.

I have only one user on the local machine, and i'm trying to log in as the same from remote desktop.
Do I have to create more users, and log on as a different one than the user logged on locally?

Best Regards

what does concurrent mean? does it mean like without the stupid windows messegner, cuz i remove that everytime, and i cant do remote assistance with someone as a result

It means a user can be logged into their pc, and someone else, who has the correct user rights/password can also log in remotely at the same time. What normally happens is that one of the users will be asked to log out to let the other one on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back