How to close tcp 135 port?

J

jileiwin

I had close 139 and 445 port,and how to close 135 port?Thanx!

yo man just get your self zonealarm or any other firewall iwth a good rating!

even if u have a software firewall, a clean instal of XP will still have port 135 open... no software firewall or advanced rule can close it..

be sure too disable SSDP Discovery service within services.msc and then reboot... voila your 135 will be closed

No it wont. SSDP has nothing to do with port 135. SSDP holds 1900 open and is part of upnp.

You can not close port 135 and maintain network connectivity.

Yes a clean install of XP has 135 open, so just enable the XP firewall until you can patch the issue and install a full firewall.

whatever;)

i know that with SSDP enabled all scans such as GRC and PC flank detect 135 as open....

disable that service and its closed 135

maybe after all these service packs and updates it has changed? but i know 100% for sure this was the case when XP first came out

It has always been the case. Port 135 is held open by DCOM, The SSDP Discovery Service holds only port 1900 open and has nothing to do with RPC.

As you mentioned GRC, read grc.com/dcom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back