How to change OEM Mfg link?

• Thread starter debonairone
  • Start date
D

debonairone

In OEM versions of Windows XP, there is a manufacturer's link on the start menu. There is a check box in the properties of the start menu that can be used to remove this link from the start menu, but I would like to add my own custom link there. This will make it visible to all users current and new... in one convenient location. How can I change that link? I can't seem to find the registry key...

:confused:

madmatt you rock....

I used the tweak and was very pleased... but, there's that word... I would like to edit the original link in the OEM version of WinXP.. I will use this tweak as a starting point for my search... please keep any other ideas flowing...

Thanks much....

If you open the .REG file in Notepad, then run regedit and follow the path to the new link you just created, the old one shouldn't be far behind; then you could just delete it.

If you follow me that is..

yeah... I follow... I actually looked through those particular keys last nite, but had no idea what I was looking for....

Thnxs again...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back