How much RAM?

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
How much ram is enough, best?

I have 512mb of DDR 2100 ram and with the price of ram being so low, I wonder if I should buy more. I am thinking of buying another 512mb card.

Or I could buy a faster processor.

I don't play video games, but I do do quite a bit of web graphic design work.

My system:
MSI KT3 Ultra 2 Mobo
AMD 1600+ processor
512MB of DDR 2100 Ram
ATI aiw 32mb ram
19" Futrue Power Monitor
Plextor CDRW
DVD ROM
40GB 7200 WD HD
Audigy SB Sound Card

Not much advantages on having 1 gb of ram if you dont do alot of graphics....but upgrading speed of ram would help if you MB supports it, or grabbing a high XP CPU. Just my 2sence

Not really for graphics only, helps overall. I have 1GB, planning on getting 2GB.

I do graphics, and it really helps with rendering time, load time, and etc. Also really nice for intensive games with lots of stuff running in the background. Anyhow, get it, you won't regret.

Originally posted by Nick M
Not really for graphics only, helps overall. I have 1GB, planning on getting 2GB.

I do graphics, and it really helps with rendering time, load time, and etc. Also really nice for intensive games with lots of stuff running in the background. Anyhow, get it, you won't regret.

Interesting that you said that, from the reviews and reports Ive read they say it doesnt do much improvement, but then again when you get into the real world things are always different, maybe I should grab me another stick of corsair

get faster ram if your mb supports it! if not, another stick will help with overall preformance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back