How much Ram for this PC???

A

AaronMcarthur

My friend has an E-Machine, the model# is "s1642"
I looked it up on www.crucial.com to see how much ram it can hold and how much space it already has but that model# is not listed. Does anyone know of a site I can go to, to check out the ram and the listings?
Thanks...

Do you know what kind of motherboard is in there? Knowing that will help; meanwhile I will search and see if I can find anything.

http://www.inca-city.com/ems1pcwev17f.html

I think I found the system; and if that is that; it says what chipset it is; but many boards have that set; so I'm not quite sure. If I knew the mobo name; and it's model ( not the computer's ) I think I could find out :)

Yeah that's the PC. I'm trying to find out how much RAM it can hold out and how many slots I have open though?

it has a KM266 shipset... which means it can support up to 4gb of memory, says via's website. but how many slots are on the board is anyone's guess. why not open it up and take a look?

What the HELL is a "shipset"? Is that some kind of model boat that goes inside a computer case? Or are you just a SPELLING N00B!?

Actually; it's just a spelling error. I assure you; he means chip set. Everyone makes mistakes; and spelling ones are usually by far the most minor ones.

Please don't post worthless spam like you did above again; it's much better to be nice to people.

Now let's not turn this into a thread that is going to be closed and let's keep the m8s RAM on topic.

Haha Winter.. people hate you, just like in real life =\.. go away!

I agree with taurus... open that bad biatch up and find out how many slots are there..

eh... yeah, winter's a friend of mine. }:\ i apologize guys. }:>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back