How many tracks on your computer?

How many song tracks you have on your computer?

• Total voters
pluto said:
I dont mean, how as in obtaining them, I just mean how, in the sheer number? Well, I should of said why :p how? why? so many! 50,000 songs? I was on the verge of reaching 30,000 a couple of months ago, but I cut down on the number because there were tons of bands and albums that accumulated who I listened to once or didnt really like. Now I have a smaller number of bands I like with the albums that I like as well.

I use good old pure WAV format when copying CDs. May be over kill having 500/700MB image files but I have the space :p

Mine are a mosly full cd's. I don't get just one song. As for wav, it's either flac or mp3 for me ..

I'm not proud of my collection; music is so easy to get if you're just a pure glutton about it. I could have one hundred thousand songs in a day if I wanted to just download every MP3 newsgroup indiscriminately. That's no accomplishment.

To have 50k songs, at an average of 3.8 minutes per song, would be 132 consecutive days of music, which, if you were hardcore and listened to eight hours of music per day, would be 396 days. Why? All that music you can get in two days you can barely listen to in two years.

The reason I keep songs on my hard drive is my passion for music and the feelings that the notes produce deep inside me, whether joyful, soulful, sad, or a few that I just keep because they're odd, I have them because I savor them. Mass consumption of it would diminsh what I enjoy. I don't want to have a noise in the background of my life; I want a sweet sound to be a part of it.

Johnny said:
Mine are a mosly full cd's. I don't get just one song.

Yeh same here. All my songs are from albums - I hate just having one random song that belongs to no particular album, thats why i barely use those P2P software apps like Limewire and eDonkey.

I have a bunch of full albums - I think my total is a little over 64,000 songs.

These range from mp3s once LP, tape conversions, some personal recordings (bootlegs) , and the rest music albums. I listen to a lot of foreign music - some of it is obscure stuff with various recordings ranging over the years. I guess it just racks up from one artist to the next, from one country to the next, etc. It's hell trying to keep it all organized, though.

Overall I have a little more then 3.0TB storage...so I can't say I notice :p

Nick M said:

OMG! 3 TB?! lmao! thats awsome. how is that 3TB made from? how many HDD?

DaVo said:
Yeh same here. All my songs are from albums - I hate just having one random song that belongs to no particular album, thats why i barely use those P2P software apps like Limewire and eDonkey.

I am the same way. I hate limewire, edonkey, kazaa, or any P2P program like that. My uses are mostly Torrent and FTP's ..

Nick M said:
I have a bunch of full albums - I think my total is a little over 64,000 songs.

These range from mp3s once LP, tape conversions, some personal recordings (bootlegs) , and the rest music albums. I listen to a lot of foreign music - some of it is obscure stuff with various recordings ranging over the years. I guess it just racks up from one artist to the next, from one country to the next, etc. It's hell trying to keep it all organized, though.

I know what you mean by trying to keep it orginized. I been working on re iding mine. It's taken me a couple of months so far. I am only about have way done ..

I'm sorry i just don't see how anyone can possibly buy or have that many tracks, i have around 300 and i am perfectly satisfied, i guess however i really listing to classic rock only never "fitty cent" or "M&M" or even Greenday or anything new, just give me my Doors and i'll be fine...
BTW Yay 3-Mile Island, we haven't seen a bigger nuclear mishap since chyrnobl! Yay!
-Jack

vanquished said:
I'm sorry i just don't see how anyone can possibly buy or have that many tracks, i have around 300 and i am perfectly satisfied, i guess however i really listing to classic rock only never "fitty cent" or "M&M" or even Greenday or anything new, just give me my Doors and i'll be fine...
BTW Yay 3-Mile Island, we haven't seen a bigger nuclear mishap since chyrnobl! Yay!
-Jack

Mine is mostly soft rock, country, and christian music. I don't listen to hip hop, boy bands, or wanabe's like jayho and madonna, or the like ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back