How is the program Backup my PC

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by wingman411, Jun 24, 2003.

1. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

How is the program Backup my PC for doing a complete hd backup with multiple partitions. I have a 120 GB HD with 3 partitions. One for XP, one for Data and one for Win 98.

If there is a catastrophy, heaven forbid, I want to be prepared by having a complete bu on cd that i can just boot from and restore everything.

Or is there another program that can do it better?

I love this forum, I hope I am not wearing out my welcome with all my questions.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Xcopy was made just for you. :D
    Check the link in my sig. Using xcopy you can boot into 98 & save the xp operating system & vise versa.

3. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I have and use Backup my PC on occasion - it is best used as a backup - as in when backing up folder/files etc - I would not recommend it for an entire harddrive.

You'd be better off with something Like Drive Image which Images a partition or the entire harddrive. BTW - Drive Image 7 has just been released and you can actually image your harddrive without leaving XP now!

Here's the link for Drive Image 7 Info

I have never used Xcopy - but if Hipster recommends it - it's gotta be god!

4. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Acronis TruImage is very good and is quite cheap.
    Try their website.

5. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

I use Drive Image Pro 7.0, very good, but there is also Norton Ghost that is also extremely good. All depends what you like looking at. (I hate the Norton logo!!)