how fast is your processor ?

tulatin celeron 1.4GHz, but i had a p3 500 for a while, and it ran XP just fine, but then this summer i went on a computer upgrading spree, and got a powerleap, so i went way past the 1GHz P3 that my mobo is supposed to be maxed out at.

1 Pentium @ 60 MHz
1 Pentium @ 120 MHz
1 Pentium III @ 800 MHz

and soon...

1 Pentium 4 @ 2660'ish (probably a CPU discount next year)

1. 486 66mhz
2. P3 450mhz
3. Amd 1ghz
4. p4 2ghz

my next upgrade will probably be a 3-4ghz computer, like around 2-3 years =)

mine is

AMD Athlon 2400+ (2.01ghz), BUT overclocked to 2.2ghz ;)

1. AMD AthlonXP 1900+
2. AMD AthlonXP 1800+
3. AMD AthlonXP 1600+
4. AMD T-bird 1.2
5. Amd Duran 950mhz
6. Amd Duran 950mhz
7. Celeron 500mhz
8. Dual p2 350mhz
9. Pentuim mmx 200mhz
10. Pentuim 166mhz

and a bunch of spare parts

and a partiridge in a pear tree

cool.gif

I started with a 386. then a 486. Waited a while and got a P120!!

Upgraded to a PII 233hz... waited more and got the PIV 1800Hz that I'm runining now.

Mubbers

But I started with a Sinclair ZX80!!

1666MHz here in the shape of an AthlonXP 2000+ which i bought when i upgraded from an Athlon T-Bired 1GHz

LOL Iceman :D :D :D

put all those machines in the same room as your boiler and your heating bills will plummet.

Sazar hehehe the clawhammer sould have been released in November but apparently the fan they needed to cool it come with a fitted wind tunnel and was a little large.

:D :D :D

I have a XP 1900, but it isn't fast enough. Anti-alising in Bryce 5 on a 1240 x 900 something image takes forever! Around...um..it's going to tell me the exact time when it is done, and I did a huge landscape.

5 minutes and 37 seconds.

Too long for me.

Next machine I am getting is going to be either multi cpu, or have a really cool processor.

May I ask if anyone knows, my motherboard, Gigabyte Ga-7VRXP Rev 2.0, what is the maximum CPU it can hold? I mean like what? XP 2400? 2600? Is there one at all...

Talking about upgrading ,I have a Socket 370 mobo( with a celeron 466). I wonder what is the highest processor that will support (not that I am thinking of doing it)

Originally posted by Goldy
LOL Iceman :D :D :D

put all those machines in the same room as your boiler and your heating bills will plummet.

Sazar hehehe the clawhammer sould have been released in November but apparently the fan they needed to cool it come with a fitted wind tunnel and was a little large.

:D :D :D

the core was tweaked to support higher fsb and ddr400

you are confusing the fan on the clawhammer with the one on the gf FX... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back