how fast is your processor ?

I wonder how many of these people actually utilize the real potential of their >1ghz processors.

The only time I maximize the potential of mine is when gaming and even then it's bottlenecked by the vid card.

Originally posted by delta4s
Remember , we are talking raw MHz here , not those AMD '+' numbers !.

AMD numbers are actually performance marks... it is a more accurate gauge of the true performance of a computer... though I am still waiting for an independent group to pop out there...

the AMD performance rating system has been pretty accurate over the past year.. sometimes too conservative.. sometimes a little ambitious... depending on the tests you look @ and so on/so forth...

perhaps you should consider another thread with PERFORMANCE rating :) as per sisoft sandra maybe?

my performance rating per sisoft sandra is 2342 running @ 1.6ghz...

my computer runs @ 1.6ghz most of the time... though I sometimes kick it up to 1.75ghz... only for benchmarking though... makes no sense otherwise...

thats because an AMD cannot match up to the powers of P4

P4 2.4B (Not C1 Stepping) :( but still quite a capable little thing :cool:

P4 2G's Just like me, most of the time it just lazies around chillin but when it has to it can do the business.

:cool:

using Intel Celeron 1.2 GHz, it is fast enough for me now;)

Seems that AMD and CPU speed polls don't go far, before, I remember there used to be huge debates over this.

Now everyone is sick of it and doens't care :cool:

Originally posted by _DM_
thats because an AMD cannot match up to the powers of P4

thanks for the detailed assesment :)

instructions per clock ring a bell ? 9 per clock cycle v/s 6 ? amd cannot match up eh... :D

remember performance and clock speed isnt everything... intel has alot to learn the poor *******s.... Remember a pi in your face.. yet another battle ground AMD stomped all over intel. The ungerdog will always come from behind and snip you in the ass. The lil kid is the most dangerous hehehe

ooh...sorry but i didnt have no clue about how powerful amd was.

I love AMD. AMD will always be cool.

But, I wouldn't mind a dual P4 system...2.8GHZ...not at all..

Originally posted by _DM_
ooh...sorry but i didnt have no clue about how powerful amd was.

its a question of parity.. there is no question that a 3.06 ghz p4 with HT enabled is able to compete very well with a 2800+ athlon processor running @ 2.25ghz... but its true the other way round also...

Originally posted by Nick M
Both companies are cool.

lol thats completely different... their products are cool but intel is the devil incarnate lol and amd is its sleepy bizatch :) at least till the barton/clawhammers are released...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back