How far will a 2.2c go?

86F is fine :)

the cpu should run fine all the way upto around 70-80C afaik...

Well then I'll keep clockin it till it hits around 170..I have a front panel temp mon thats on the cpu giving me these stats..but I have one more question..case fan postionings...Should I have the CPU fan and Side Panel fan both output or input, both rears should be output right? front input and blowhole output...I know that its sort of off the subject but I don't feel like starting a new thread

Originally posted by kanbeki
I used Artic Silver as thermal compound and I've gone through and reset my bios but after running for nine hours on high cpu usage it hit a temp of 86F...I don't think thats normal..
well, first put your temps to read in celcius mode since that what everyone uses. and it's more accurate since when in ferenheit mode, it just puts the C number through the *9/5+32 equation to get F.

[edit] just realized your getting temps through a front panel reading so you can leave it at F. we're still all used to C, though. :p

and also realize that 86F isn't too far from the ambient temperature in your room! and it's impossible to go below ambient... so 86F = 30C which is incredibly low for full load. so your heatsink is doing a beautiful job and overclocking shouldn't be limited by cooling.
:)

Should I have the CPU fan and Side Panel fan both output or input, both rears should be output right? front input and blowhole output...I know that its sort of off the subject but I don't feel like starting a new thread
front in, rear out, top out, and usually side in.. but it depends on where they're placed over the motherboard.

The side and the cpu are aligned with one another and when I try to set the freq to 125 windows won't boot so I think I found my clock limit..or is there a way to go higher..it says something about CPU vcore in bios but I didn't really understand that so uh...what should I do?

yah I am currently using stock b.s. thermal material and stock intel hsf and my temps are @ 40C... :)

still seems fine... once I put the case fan back on I will be fine :D

anyways... does your board have any dynamic overclocking tools? if it does it can assist you somewhat in playing around with memory timings...

with my dynamic oc'ing settings on fairly aggressive I can easily hit 3.1c as well as aggresive memory timings w/o actually doing any tweaking myself...

Dynamic overclocking tools? No..it just has simple OC tools ex. Set Freq set Cpu and DDR Vcore and DDR CPU ratio..can you recommend any progs so that I can do it manually?

Dynamic overclocking tools? No..it just has simple OC tools ex. Set Freq set Cpu and DDR Vcore and DDR CPU ratio..can you recommend any progs so that I can do it manually?

well some boards come with PAT's or a verison of PAT... my board has a version called DOT... a dynamic overclocking tool (succint init :cool: )

basically it really aggressively ramps timings to give you extra boost but tbh... I see little to no difference in most situations...

I think the most gains I have seen are purely from my striping my hdd's and getting 2 with 8mb buffers @ the moment... of course the extra clock speed and memory helps...

I should get my 2nd corsair clip next week and that should give me a better boost... everything will be synched nicely then :cool:

The side and the cpu are aligned with one another and when I try to set the freq to 125 windows won't boot so I think I found my clock limit..or is there a way to go higher..it says something about CPU vcore in bios but I didn't really understand that so uh...what should I do?
ahem..
Originally posted by taurus
once you find your limit, you can if you want, increase your cpu's voltage. this will likely enable you to achieve a higher overclock so after you increase it, go back to finding your max fsb again.
yes, vcore would be cpu voltage.

so if it wouldn't boot at 125, does that mean 124 is your max right now (at stock voltage)?

okies.. question here...

you say your cpu is c... which by implication is a canterwood based jigger... ergo 800mhz fsb quad pumped...

that means your stock fsb should be 200mhz... if its 100mhz.. thats is a QDR fsb of 400mhz...

what am I mising here ? the processor is either a base 400mhz fsb or there is something odd going on...

:confused:

tbh I thought the canterwood cpu's started off @ 2.4ghz... so I was a bit surprised to see the thread title here...

Originally posted by Sazar
okies.. question here...

you say your cpu is c... which by implication is a canterwood based jigger... ergo 800mhz fsb quad pumped...

that means your stock fsb should be 200mhz... if its 100mhz.. thats is a QDR fsb of 400mhz...

what am I mising here ? the processor is either a base 400mhz fsb or there is something odd going on...

:confused:

tbh I thought the canterwood cpu's started off @ 2.4ghz... so I was a bit surprised to see the thread title here...
yeah, he's just confused on the naming. it's a celeron. eye the original post;
I recently Oc'd for the first time..My 2.2 ghz celly now runs at a whopping 2.32 ghz..I achived this by raising the freq from 100 to 105..
after all, if his fsb was underclocked by half, he would have a P4 4.4C! :eek: :D

ok I kept playing with the sys clock and I can't get it above 115 or I can't play games..but after tinkering with the fans the temp has dropped dramatically..62F/16C on idle..Do you think that my inablility to clock higher was due to heat or is that my limit on the normal vcore?

it may be heat related... but perhaps more so on the northbridge...

the northbridge has to be cooled well to allow for higher clocks... if that is hot when you oc... it may be what is contributing to your lower than expected oc'ing results..

I have a small fan I think its 40mm would that be sufficent for cooling the northbridge?

I have a small fan I think its 40mm would that be sufficent for cooling the northbridge?
active cooling should be enough for it. a lot of northbridges just have a passive heatsink with no fan, after all. so as long as the nb heatsink has good contact (assuming it was applied well at the factory or hasn't been budged loose since), then nb heat shouldn't be an issue. especially if your board supports a 533fsb, then consider the nb way under it's own limit. cpu must still be the limiter, if not your pci and agp cards.

i think it is the agp/pci because vpu recover was crying about something

i think it is the agp/pci because vpu recover was crying about something
i looked through your motherboard's manual to see what bios options it gives you and i have some suggestions...
- disable Spread Spectrum (even if not overclocking)
- disable Auto Detect DIMM/PCI Clk
- 1:1 CPU: Dram Frequency Ratio
- disable onboard devices you don't use (sata, 1394, s/w modem, serial ports, parallel port, game port, floppy?)

your board doesn't seem to offer much at all to change with your pci and agp settings like fast writes, latency, etc. so there's only one thing you can do to overcome your agp/pci limit... you could try a fsb of 133.
:D since your board supports the 133(533)fsb, it would automatically change your pci/agp frequencies to match and they'd be right at spec. but that would involve your celeron running at almost 3ghz, which probably isn't possible. even with some hefty voltage.

but you could try. :p

ps. oh your mobo's made by Matsonic, not Matasonic. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back