how do you play mp3 on wind. media player

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by IDLE, Sep 3, 2006.

1. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

i have many mp3's that wil not play on the windows media player 11 beta 2. says that the file is an unrecognized format. ive tried searching and found that M$ says that MP3 are a security issue and the player will not play these extensions. is there a way around this to allow MP3 to be played?

i couldnt find any of the sort in the options menu. it shows that the default app for MP3 is windows media player...go figure.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

hence why i never tried WMP11 beta's. you could just try using a different media player.... like Media Player Classic or Quicktime or somethin.

3. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I have no problems playing mp3s on Media Player 11 beta. I just double click the file and it plays.

4. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

The certain mp3 files your trying to play might just be corrupted themselves.

5. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Thats what I was thinking as well.

6. dubstar

dubstar format c:

just re-rip them from your cd collection. or re-un-drm them from your itunes library.

7. Bman

that might work, but people don't always know where they came from, old music files from long ago.

8. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Use a mp3 converter (like dbPowerAMP) and just run the mp3 song though it and you'll have a nice new fresh mp3.

9. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

the files themselves work just fine on winamp. so i know the files are good. ill try this dbPowerAMP as suggested.

thanks for the help

10. Bman

hmm works in Winamp not WMP....the only thing I can think of is WMP11 beta, have have heard of many problems, and weird ones too..

try going back to previous version or something like that.

11. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Oh yeah, that's real fun to do. :p

I have been using WMP 11 Beta and now the second Beta. All works as it should, very odd. :s