How do you make a bootable linux ISO with Nero 5?

Discussion in 'Linux & BSD' started by Arniestan1, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Arniestan1

Arniestan1 OSNN Addict

I found an excellant step by step guide in Warp2Search but it's with Nero6. I would like to find a similar guide useing Nero5. Thanks

2. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

if you downloaded the ISOs, then just:

File, Burn Image

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

not sure if its the same w/ nero (been a while) but w/ easy cd you can just double click the the iso file and it loads it all up for you :) ... think there is a right click "burn to disk" or similar option as well.

4. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

and not to insult the Arniestan1, but since I don't know how much he knows/can figure out, I believe you have to change the file type bar on the bottom of the window that you browser for the image to include .iso.

5. Arniestan1

Arniestan1 OSNN Addict

Thanks for the replies. I got them burned alright. Went to LinuxISo_Org to see how. No blinden I'm not offended at all. You see I am into hardwares (build pc's) and do it quite satisfactorly. Not to sound like I'm bragging but so far I'm batting 1,000. Knock on wood. Now for my first oppinion on Linux Mandrake 9.2. Way over my head lolol.

6. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

i know that's the case in Nero 6 when you do File->Open, but in nero 5 when you do File->Burn Image, i'm pretty sure it includes image extensions by default.

it would be contrary to the name if it didn't, don't you think? :)