How do You know?

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone, I want to inprove my surfing by getting rid of un-needed running programs at Startup(especially in the Processes running in Taskmanager! My question is How do i know which ones to uncheck and which ones not too? I know there is a spot on the pc thats you can go to and it tells you what they are but even when they say what they are,i have not idea as to whether i can uncheck them! Is there a web site that can tell you exactly what you can do without and what you cannot do without? please let me know any idea's, TOM

You can safely remove all of them ...... except rundll32

The only one i have is Norton Antivirus 2002 at startup = navapw32

All the rest are removed

You can check out this program here:
Startup Control Panel
Better thn MSconfig.
Also if you visit the Black Viper site take his warnings VERY SERIOUSLY-if you don't know what it is or if you need it, leave it alone or switch it to manual. I followed along with his suggestions, no ill effects per se, but really didn't notice any memory/speed gains. Of course I am running with 512 meg RAM and am not gaming, or doing anything intensive. I think the program above will do what you want just fine

How do you know?

Max, Thank You for the web site, i will look into it. but even with a web site like this don't you have to know what programs you need and which you don't? I was into my pc before and found out what these programs are but i forget how to get to it, it was a Tweak tip! Even then it told me what the program was but i still had no idea as to needing it or not? Do you know how to reach the What are these programs in your PC? Maybe if i could find them again it might help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back