How do you feel about ebay/paypal?

Do you like Ebay/Paypal

• Total voters
the only time I ever had a problem with paypal was when someone sent me $200 from a stolen credit card, and then it was only beacuse I didn't have $200 to return to paypal. I've since opened 3 more accounts with them for various things :)

I don't really like the fact that they have my bank account information, but I haven't had a problem with them so far. I have had the same paypal account since Oct. 22, 2001.

Well I tried to buy a HD-DVD drive several times, fortunately the last guy called me rather than just declining the order.

HD :D

I can ship a 55lbs. computer and LCD for $50.00. You can't tell me a PS3 and its contents weigh that much. Maybe 25lbs.

I can ship a 55lbs. computer and LCD for $50.00. You can't tell me a PS3 and its contents weigh that much. Maybe 25lbs.
Frankly i dont care what you tell me you can ship.
I tell you the facts, thats all that matters. You are not shipping it 3 day maybe?

From my experience, a PS3 when boxed weighs between 20-22 pounds pending what type of materials you use for cushioning

Also worth mention, different providers (USPS vs. UPS for example), shipping methods (Priority vs. Ground for example), as well as insurance and delivery confirmation costs vary a bit between suppliers.

UPS 3 Day Select to California (from NY) for $57 and change, 55lbs. package.

Just another part of the problem with eBay and the shipping fees. Exactly why eBay needs to enforce a policy and cancel auctions that over charge for shipping/handling.

UPS 3 Day Select to California (from NY) for $57 and change, 55lbs. package.

Just another part of the problem with eBay and the shipping fees. Exactly why eBay needs to enforce a policy and cancel auctions that over charge for shipping/handling.
Why is that?
What is another example?

I'm not going to sit here and debate why sellers shouldn't be able to over charge buyers like that. You sell computers and you must ship computers therefore you know how much it costs to ship a computer which normally weighs more than a PS3 (as Derek just pointed out).

Why are you arguing with me?
It cost me 46 dollars to ship 1 ps3 on 3 day shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you just hate those people? You see something you want and for a good price but the buggers want to charge sometimes triple what it actually costs to cover postage and packing. :devious:

Not to pour gas on a fire, but I wanted to chime in on something else you non-ebayers may not know about.

While discussing things they should probably change, there is a section within the "selling" process that allows you to add a handling charge that will be added to the shipping automatically - I believe this is only available when you use the custom weight option, which gives buyers the opportunity to use the shipping calculator, but not 100% sure. I think, in that case, they should have itemized entries for shipping and for handling, so you can know just how bad you are being screwed.

Not to pour gas on a fire, but I wanted to chime in on something else you non-ebayers may not know about.

While discussing things they should probably change, there is a section within the "selling" process that allows you to add a handling charge that will be added to the shipping automatically - I believe this is only available when you use the custom weight option, which gives buyers the opportunity to use the shipping calculator, but not 100% sure. I think, in that case, they should have itemized entries for shipping and for handling, so you can know just how bad you are being screwed.
I wouldnt know.
I dont think that it shows you the handling charge though, i think it builds it into the shipping cost.

You are correct. When a seller adds a handling charge, from a buyer's perspective it only shows as Shipping AND Handling, so they really have no idea where the hidden fees are, or even if they exist.

That's just my point though - I recommend they itemize that so buyer's can know more about what's going on. People that do **** like that on eBay are ruining it for everyone else. I've been an eBayer for over 7 years, buying more than selling, and work hard to have a solid reputation. I don't do any shady practices like that.

Nor do i.
I also dont like that. They list their item for $.01 so they get first on list, then the ebay illiterate purchase it, thinking that ebay regulates shipping, and then they are like, who 50 dollar shipping for a 1 cent item! what is this!.

Thus leading to bad reputation, and a lost ebay user.
However I hate ebay so.
I hope they lose members.

Yes, for paying they are fine. But did u know they get a heft final value fee?
Both Ebay and Paypal take like 2% of your sale. So on my 1500 ps3 i gave about 80 to them in final value fees, plus that in listing fees...

That fee only applies if you buy something off Ebay, not if you buy something from another online market which uses paypal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back