How do I network on wireless thoughout my house?

Hey Net, nothing has worked. On my wife's computer it brings up a admin and password screen, and when I type the correct password to the router, it tells me that it can't find the printer. I don't know how this will work :-(
This is what it does, on the URL part of the printer add, I put in my IP address
and it gives me the "Configure Internet Port" screen, and when I type in the amin and passwords to my router, it gives me this error "The current setting is not accepted by the server, please try a different one". If my hair was not already gone, Id be yanking it out as we speak

Mike

I hope you entered the full UNC path and not just the IP address of the desktop.
(eg: \\192.168.1.3\PrinterName)

Since the printer is physically connected to the desktop machine, and a print server, the router's username and password shouldn't even come into the equation.
I'm surprised it's asking you for authentication. Did you try using the Windows username and password you use to login to the desktop machine that the printer is connected to?

Hey Netryder, It kept giving me the authentication windows and tried every password I had. Nothing worked so I bought a print server and all is well. I really appericate the effort and help on this. :)

Cheers
Mike

Mazspeed said:
Hey Netryder, It kept giving me the authentication windows and tried every password I had. Nothing worked so I bought a print server and all is well. I really appericate the effort and help on this. :)

Cheers
Mike
Yeah, that's the best way to do it. You don't need to have one computer on all the time then. I have it set up the same way.
Computers -> Netgear wireless router -> Netgear print server -> Printer
smile.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back