How do I make new IE6 browser windows start Maximized?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jww13, May 9, 2002.

1. jww13

jww13 Guest

see topic :]

I'm sick and tired of maximizing all the windows that popup when I click on links from AIM or MIRC or IE. Can you make new windows always start Maximized?

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    pop one up, drag it to full size, exit IE, start IE back up, that should do it...if I remember right. :)
  3. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I think you have to click one link deep, then it remembers cuzz if u just open it then close it it don't know you did anything to it.
  4. jww13

jww13 Guest

But I want it maximized, not just resized as big as it can go (sorry it's just an obsession i've had since windows 3.1 to have everything maxmized!)
  5. i had same problem, i also like it maximized all the time. so i just thought of a way. if i'm correct u usually open it from link in quick launch. right click on IE icon and go to properties. there in run change it to maximized and click ok. that should do it.
  6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    all right to tell you the truth.. the easiest way is to open the IE windows and maximize just like xsiv said.. and close and reopen SHOULD do the trick...

the problem is the bloody thing does NOT maximize all the time.... I know that's furstrating... there should be an option in the tools/options thingy in IE to allow us to open all windows maximized...

another thing that messes this setup is some pop-ups that dont open maximized and fuj up what yer doin...

anyhow.. try out a few different things... I don;t know of any registry settings that will allow you to force all windows to open maximized...

7. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

if you open IE with a shortcut, edit the shortcut so it opens always maximised... For an automatic opening, the open-maximize-close is the only way i know