How do I get to the "Advanced" user tab in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GKx, Oct 22, 2002.

1. GKx

GKx Guest

A while back before xp-erience.org changed they're format, they had a link in the Security section on requiring CTRL+ALT+DELETE before logging in.

All the tricks needed to do this require you to edit the registry, but xp-erience.org had a command you would rule to get to the advanced section of the User Accounts area.

It was something like "set userpanel2" or something like that. Currently, I can't get to the advanced tab since "User Accounts" deal in the control panel just takes me to the graphical user administration deal.

I'm trying to get to the old style deal, but I can't remember the command to get to it.

I'd appreciate any help guys! :)

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Welcome to XP-erience.org :D!

If I understand it correctly, you want to type in your username in a Win 2K style box instead of the Wecome screen? Than you have to go to User Accounts and than click 'Change the way users log on or off' and then deselect the 'Use the Welcome screen' option.

3. GKx

GKx Guest

Well that's easy to do, but it's not what I'm trying to get at.

I'm trying to get to the Classic style area to let me choose which account will log-on my default, let me check the box for require ctrl+alt+del, etc.

I'm looking for the command to get to the WIN2K style user admin area.

4. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

try this... I think this is what you are looking for...
    control userpasswords2

5. GKx

GKx Guest

[​IMG]

That's what I'm trying to get to.

6. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I believe he means like on the old NT systems where it says after u turn the computer on "push Ctrl+alt+del to begin" he wants that feature. :) I also wouldn't mind trying it out keep the rug rates off the pc and away from the p0rn

7. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

and there u have it, my slow typing + trying to play a PS2 game gets me beat to the punch :)

8. GKx

GKx Guest

I love you. :)

BTW, I noticed you have a 3rdgen! I drive a 1988 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible.

Check out www.3rdgen.org !:D

9. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

awsome, your lucky to have a convertible... actually that car is my mom's... it was supposed to be mine this weekend... she was gonna give it to me for a steal.. $4000 for a '91 Z28 but someone else offered her $8000 cash for it... so o well... i'll be looking for a 4th gen Trans Am now probably... right now i'm driving an '87 camaro w/ a v6 :S
    check it out here.
    you can also see some larger pics of my mom's car here .
    but neways.. glad i could help you out.

10. GKx

GKx Guest

Right on dude...

Here's my IROC:

[​IMG]

11. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

umm, nice car!

12. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

That looks like a really clean car. I like it :)... but my mom's (shoulda been mine) is pretty nice too eh?
    [​IMG]
    check out some more pics here

13. GKx

GKx Guest

The decals aren't my cup of tea, but it's otherwise a nice Z. :)

14. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

The stripes on the side should extend onto the front fenders, but they weren't put on yet after a little accident my mom had. That's what the car looked like while I had it for grad... they have been put on now.