How do i get more than 2 downloads

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by glad1ator, Apr 2, 2002.

1. glad1ator

glad1ator Guest

Hi all
    how do i get more than 2 simulas down loads in windows xp home editon and ie6
    ive treid the tweak in the tweak guide but i must be going wrong somewhere
    i dont know which value to edit
    1,string value
    2,binarey value
    3,DWORD value
    4,multi-string value
    5,expandable string value
    please please could sombody help me...
    thanks for any help:p
  2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

3. glad1ator

glad1ator Guest

thanks but

thanks for the info but when i start regedit and click on the edit menue i dont see add value anywhere anymore help
  4. smash

smash Guest

I Agree with glad1ator, there is some thing missing here.
    Here is the instructions from MS website.

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    Locate the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry values:

Quit Registry Editor.

The problem is that
    "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Setting" is the Registry address, Not the value to be edited.
    What is the value to be edited??????
  5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    I'm glad I use a download manager. That's not very clear information coming from MS. What are they up too? Me thinks only the fairies do. :eek:
  6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    click on the folder not on the little cross beside it. Then look in the right pane if these values are already there. If not you have to create them. Rightclick somewhere in the window, choose new - Dword, and name your new value MaxConnectionsPerServer, do the same again but now name it MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server.
    Then doubleclick each of these and change the value to 0000000a
    (hex) or 10 (decimal).
    Especially if you are not familiar with editing the registry, backup your registry before you do anything. (Rightclick - export)
  7. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

i get more now since i used sp1 can get more than 6 but the download's go slow lol
  8. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Turtle Island
    Weird, I've never had this problem.