How do I do this?

S

Skwowwy

I'm using Windows XP Pro. There are two accounts on this PC. One Adminstrator and one Limited. It happens often that my brother on the limited account shuts down/restarts the computer while my account is still logged in. I've got enough of that, so I want to know if it's possible to prevent him from shutting down the PC while my account is still active? If my account is inactive, then he can shut it down just fine.

Any ideas? *_*

Either slap him in the face and tell him not to, or take a look in gpedit.msc, that might be where you want to look, I'm not totally sure. Either that or compmgmt.msc, what you're looking for is security settings where you can limit functions to accounts.

I could do that, but there's a small problem. If my account is inactive, my brother's allowed to shut down the PC. With that tweak, it'll be impossible for him. I'll have to log in myself in order to shut it down, which is a bit too much.

I guess I'll just tell him not to do it again, unless there's really an option for that.

Unless your into programming I wouldn't have thought that was built into windows ... isn't there a shut down button on the logon menu anyways?

That can be removed as well using gpedit.msc.

Oh well, if there's really no such thing, I guess I'll just talk with him. Thanks. :D

Of course, if you happen to know a way to do this, please don't hesitate to tell us. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back