How Do I Change my Window's Theme/skin/layout?

Nope, you would have to use an app like iconpackager.

I am at work so I can't attach or open some things lol, but just dl and install the app and then open the iconpackager (ip) themes.

you can use the trial for like 30 days or so.

Then un-install, re-install and keep using for another 30 days and so on/so forth.

I would personally just buy it, its a nice little app. There are other items out there to use but I prefer IP for ease of use.

The longer way, would be to download your icon set, and use Resouce Hacker to change every single icon in the shell32.dll file...but Iconpackager is better.

Also to give rep click on the star, underneath the avatar. Also, if you want Iconpackager, PM me.

Wow... I never knew it was possible to modify this much of windows. Which of these would you guys say is 'most reliable' - in that it doesn't slow down CPU (much or at all), randomly crash, weird graphical problems.. etc?

UXTheme hack. Windows Blinds will hog resources. Using Windows XP theme system is the best way to customize Windows to your liking.

Yah what Matt said.

Plus they are all pretty reliable apps, you shouldn't have probs. Just depends how much work you are willing to put in.

I'm a large fan of getting the VStyles from customize.org. It's done me good, anyhow.

Good luck, mate!

chicgeek said:
I'm a large fan of getting the VStyles from customize.org. It's done me good, anyhow.

Good luck, mate!
um can someone please repost the patch cuz my pc crashed and i dont have it anymore and the multi one dosent work for me

I think he was talking about the uxtheme patch, which was stated before. That thread should work.

I cleaned up my attachments, but here is the repost.

Since I don't want users going else where.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back