How Do I Change My PC ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

america45

OSNN Newbie
Hello
I need to change my PC ID on Windows Vista.
I know its possible because if you redo your computer then it changes it.
-America45

Last edited:
To change your computers identity you go to the control panel.

Next you go to Network Neighborhood.

At the top there are two tabs.

The first is Configuration.

The second is Identification.

Click on the identification tab.

On this page it will say:

Computer Name:

Work Group:

Computer Description:

These will be next to a text field box.

Change the name to what ever you wish it to be here.

Close out by hitting ok.

You may be asked to reboot after this.

Rebooting after you have made any changes within your computer is always a good habit to get into anyway.

OR

You right click on your my computer icon

Click on Properties

Then click on the tab that says Computer Name

Then click on the Change button and edit accordingly.

ok, I did what you told me to do but this did not change my PC ID.
my PC ID looks like this
5kow06.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
I need to change my PC ID on Windows Vista.
I know its possible because if you redo your computer then it changes it.
I was banned on a game and i am tired of reformatting and reinstalling windows on my computer.
thanks
-America45

Stop getting banned, simple. This may violate the forum guidelines.

It may fall under

Hacking
Hacking, cracking or other activities which involve unlawful alteration of software or access to data is forbidden. This site does not promote or want to condone the use of bypassing security of any kind. Including breaking into networks, even if you own the

Stop getting banned, simple. This may violate the forum guidelines.

It may fall under

Jeez dude, I didn't get banned from any game server.
I thought giving a reason would get me help faster but I guess it backfired.

If anyone knows how to change a PC ID please leave a useful post.

Last edited:
Reformatting and reinstalling windows are nearly the same thing. heh when you reformat, you have to reinstall windows.

.... mind if i ask why you're even trying to do such a thing? Doesn't really seem like something that's possible to change..... nor something you would have to change in order to do anything remotely legal.

Honestly man, they are assisting in bumping your topic more and more so that more people will see it on the front page. So them saying useless stuff helps you more also.

There's another way that I thought of that might work but I can't say it on here because it violates some agreements. Sorry.

Otherwise, I don't think there's an easy way to do this. Since this is a specific code produced on installation of Windows. It's a hex created on date time and hardware I believe.

Honestly man, they are assisting in bumping your topic more and more so that more people will see it on the front page. So them saying useless stuff helps you more also.

There's another way that I thought of that might work but I can't say it on here because it violates some agreements. Sorry.

Otherwise, I don't think there's an easy way to do this. Since this is a specific code produced on installation of Windows. It's a hex created on date time and hardware I believe.

I sent you an eMail.

I just wanna know, How is Changing the PC ID gonna violate some agreements when he isn't doing anything wrong.

Just wondering.

Because if i remember correctly, Windows Activation is based on that PC ID. That's the only thing i can think of that it would relate to, and which is probably the reason ShepsCrook is refusing to say anything.

Because if i remember correctly, Windows Activation is based on that PC ID. That's the only thing i can think of that it would relate to, and which is probably the reason ShepsCrook is refusing to say anything.

To activate windows you need a product ID which I have from when I bought my PC.
And by the way Dragon, I read your sig and I decided to upgrade to Windows 7.
I love it too!
Also, upgrading to Windows 7 did not change my PC ID, and my copy of Windows 7 is activated with a Product Key.

Last edited:
Yes, I am referring to a Windows Activation "Bypass" of which I will not discuss here or provide any information about here.

Yes, I am referring to a Windows Activation "Bypass" of which I will not discuss here or provide any information about here.

I have a legitimate copy of Vista, I don't need to bypass anything, just change the PC ID.
And I sent you an eMail again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back