How did you find your way to XPerience?

The site has had lots and lots and lots of different looks...
I found 2 of the old looks and will show em to you when I cna refind em.

The site has had lots and lots and lots of different looks...
I found 2 of the old looks and will show em to you when I cna refind em.
excellent :D

was browsing sites for xp themes and stuff and here I was....

changed a bit since I came on board.. I used to be a guest just viewing threads (yeah voyeuristic tendencies emerge)

but then I said what the hell am sure I can help SOMEONE out finding their power button... and voila...

as to why I am a mod? heh ask me when I find out myself... :cool:

I did a Google search for an XP Forum that had:

- an old man with no hair who thought he was good looking
- an administrator who had spikey hair (color not a factor)
- a jewel of a woman who drank tequila
- a dude from the UK with a fetish for cows
- a bunch of good folks who wanted to share their knowledge of XP

I ended up here and still haven't figured out (not that I want to) how to get out of here!:D

I typed somthing like "Windows XP +user +groups" into YAHOO and this was the first (and only) site I went to.

Which I think is pretty much how everyone got here - now I can't leave!!!

That's gotta be the start of a Stephen King novel (maybe Dean ****tz)....

Mub's

I don't recall, it was too long ago, but I am glad I did.

the censor does it auto, nobody did it.

do me a favor and edit your stuff in your sig, get rid of the word ass plz

thanks

cool.gif

I don't know how I got here. But I originally started coming for the news. It was in my daily rotation for I would say a year or more (can't remember, but it has been a long time), I finally just registered and found my way to the forums and that was it. I still look at the news but I spend more time in here. :D

I was looking for some themes for style xp so I put XP themes in google and xp-erience.org was one of the results.

a way out

there actually may be a way out of this site, you could add it to your restricted sites list in Windows XP. but.... what would be the fun of that :confused:

Re: a way out

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
there actually may be a way out of this site, you could add it to your restricted sites list in Windows XP. but.... what would be the fun of that :confused:

i dont think that would work for long. cuz if i put it in restricted i can remove it. and since i know the pass it would be really quick :)

just a suggestion. you could always put in random letters for the password and then you'll never figure it out. that would work. but still...... what would be the fun in that :confused:

OK, I found XP-erience back when it was a simple HTML site about Windows XP (note this was a couple months before its release). It had no forum, just some information about XP and some screenshots (inculding how to obtain your very own warez copy of it).

When it converted to PHPNuke, they added howto guides, a forum, and an IRC chatroom. I joined up on the chatroom (#xperience on EFnet) and shortly became a voice/subop, Later promoted to op.

I also became the moderator of hte Networking forum. After the guy that ran the existing #xperience@Efnet botnet left, our channel strugled along with its single bot, XP_Pro, operated by me. As time went on, I built up the XP_Pro botnet to its current 11 bots, earning myself the title of "IRC Channel Admin"

I also slowly moved up from Networking Mod, to Moderating multiple support forums, and finally to SuperMod.

That concludes my story of how i came to XP-erience, and how it became a little piece of my life.

JJB

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
just a suggestion. you could always put in random letters for the password and then you'll never figure it out. that would work. but still...... what would be the fun in that :confused:

that wont work for me. :) i got a key logger :D

JJB6486 - thanks for the info - to me it is nice to know where this forum came from (it's evolution so to speak). It is also interesting to find out how we got to where we are - now -
please explain to me what a botnet is????? - don't everyone that knows laugh at once! :D

I never claimed to be smart - but I am getting smarter (I hope) hanging around here!;)

I saw you on #xperience a couple of times, so i guess you saw the op (@users) with names like @Xperience, @win_98, @win_nt etc.
those aren't guys with a bad nickname and an absence of life, those are "bots".
a bot is a program that runs on an IRC channel (from a unix shell) and keeps the channel safe, displays vital information and reserve the channel (on Efnet).
A botnet is a 2 or more bots "linked" together, the biggest advantage of the #xperience botnet is that every bot is on a different server, if one server will crash... we have 10 other bots that work fine... when the server starts working again the bot will "return" and another bot will op him.

Thats it in a nutshell, if you want to know more about bots and botnets, ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back