How did you become a mod?

Originally posted by Geffy
I think someone created a random name program which randomly chose a username from the NTFS user database

it came out with feggy, and as there is no feggy we chose something similar.

Hahah
owned.jpg

Originally posted by PlagueWielder
Obviously this goes only to the mods so dont post unless yr one.

I'm a mod, but not here. Does that qualify me? Too late I've already posted :D

Where did the post go before mine? I was going to do a 404 joke

How did i become a mod... oh yeah I whined alot. Back in the day that would make you a mod because they would just want you to shut up. Now a days they would just ban ya. Guess I was in the right place at the right time. :D

Originally posted by rushm001
Where did the post go before mine? I was going to do a 404 joke

I read the thread topic wrong... so I deleted my post. You got a problem w/ that... :mad: :D

I just got picked one day...like most others.
EP sent me a PM in the IRC channel and asked me: "Fancy being a mod?" ... and that was that. :)

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
I read the thread topic wrong... so I deleted my post. You got a problem w/ that... :mad: :D
No not really, I just thought my browser had gone a bit funny as I couldn't quote your post.

Originally posted by PlagueWielder
Obviously this goes only to the mods so dont post unless yr one.

:(

Don't the mods have their own forum.

yup. I might even have a special one that only I can see, but I am not that bored.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
yup. I might even have a special one that only I can see, but I am not that bored.

I am can i have one?

oh wait I do....

Moderator’s, kind of like Judge Jury and Executioner all in one. What sort of person lends himself or herself to this sort of unpaid occupation? Maybe a politician/power and control freak or a quest for some sort or recognition or the wish to help under privileged computer users whilst imposing a set of rules and flouting superior knowledge, who knows, but does it matter in the great scheme of things computerish? I doubt it. The main point is that a forum exists for an exchange of ideas/knowledge, ok it has to have certain rules and regulations but that’s how we live our lives in a democracy and all democracy’s have rules the older the more complex there rules are.

Exchange of knowledge is the important factor here and the right to so do without let or hindrance, which to me is what mods maintain. They allow you the freedom to perpetuate you views or ask questions in an ordered way without being harangued for either a lack of knowledge of for a set of beliefs you may (mistakenly) hold. In the end it’s about learning/knowledge and how to perpetuate it for the good of the community (in this case the entire planet). God save the King or was it the band Queen, who cares?

I do.

Don’t ask what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country:

:) :) :) :) :)

I’m never bored only between the states of sleep and awake in various degrees. At the moment I’m more asleep then awake or so I’m told.

:) :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back