How could I index a cd(in)

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NIVO, Jul 1, 2002.

1. NIVO

NIVO Guest

hello, I was wondering if its possible that if i insert a cd in any drive, if I could index all the files on that cd to a text file or just print the list out? Might their be a utility that can help me do this? Thanks for your time.
  2. FOSSY69

FOSSY69 Guest

Try this

You could try this.Make a batch file on your desktop,open my computer and drag the drive icon over it.It would then list the folders on that CD.To make the batch file:

1.Open notebook

dir %1>c:\dirlist.txt
    notepad c:\dirlist.txt
    del c:\dirlist.txt

3.Save the notepad to desktop and name it "DisplayFolder.bat"(without the quotes)

4.Load up your CD drive with the CD you need to index

5.Open my computer then drag and drop the icon for that drive over the batch file,it will list the contents of that CD on a notepad page.You can then save or print the notepad file.

This will also list the contents of any folder on your computer by the drag and drop method.Hope this helps.
  3. Sir_Tony

Sir_Tony Guest

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I have a program at home that does this very thing. index's CDs, and is then fully searchable and stuff. But I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. So if any of these other posts are no good then, I'll have a look when I get home
  5. NIVO

NIVO Guest

thank you very much guys for your help, Fossy it works great exactly what i needed was small text file references!!!