how come my reputation rank is 0

How is power calculated? Reputation? Number of posts? Member status? Date joined? A combination of all multiplied by mt_rand?

xsivforce said:
Marge has rep for being a hottie...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
hug.gif

vern said:
How is power calculated? Reputation? Number of posts? Member status? Date joined? A combination of all multiplied by mt_rand?
No clue vern

I think vern is mostly correct. I believe it is a combination of a couple of different things.

according to the forum settings in:
Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

this is influenced by:
* Register Date Factor - longer registered = more power
* Post Count Factor - more posts = more power
* Reputation Point Factor - more reputation points = more power
:)

i noticed that in a lot of cases, someone's power is about 10% of their reputation...maybe that's just a random coincidence, but look:

vern's power is 7 and his rep is 79. 79 * .1 = 7.9 ~ 7
xsiv's power is 47 and his rep is 457. 457 * .1 = 45.7 ~47
jewelzz's power is 50 and his rep is 491. 491 * .1 = 49.1 ~50

there are a lot more examples that i can think of, but i guess it doesn't hold because right off the bat, evil marge and i don't work. anyway, just an observation.

TittleBitties said:
Please don't post single words like this, it's extremely annoying and a complete waste of time.

logisticprism you may be right, I think it may depend on how EP has things set-up in the vB control panel.

sorry about that speed. I also think u are right logisticprism...i did speedys and it was 51.8 which is close to 51. mine is 14.5 close to 14. So i think it is somewhere around 10% maybe. Never really thought of it like that. Great thinking!

thanks, but like i said, if it's 10% then technically i should have 0 power. since my power is to and if the 10% rule holds, shouldn't my rep be at least 20? also i said evil marge because her power should be ~38 according to the 10% rule but she only has 22. that's where the other factors like posts and join date may come in...

TittleBitties said:
sorry about that speed. I also think u are right logisticprism...i did speedys and it was 51.8 which is close to 51. mine is 14.5 close to 14. So i think it is somewhere around 10% maybe. Never really thought of it like that. Great thinking!
Just to stick a spanner in the works, shouldn't my power be about 20 then?:confused:

Must be due to post counts as well I suspect!:)

i had 4 power points before ANY rep points. I sent 4 news items to EP.
that may have something to do with it too.

i'd like to refer us to this thread. i'm sure the exact numbers have changed, but the basic idea stands. that's a little more info on the exact calculations of rep and power, it extends what tittle posted by adding actual numbers.

Administrator's Reputation Power
If you wish to have administrator's wield a certain reputation power independent of their calculated score, enter it here. Otherwise, set this to 0 and they will use the same calculations as everyone else
:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back