How can you download...?

I

ikester7579

When you go to a web site and theres a link to listen to an audio cut by way of Real Player or Windows Media, How do you download it or save it to listen later?
Or is this illegal?

you usually can just right click the link and go to "save target as"

Brad

Tried that it did not work. It loaded something that was not the audio clip.

then they might have some sort of protection on it that doesnt allow you to save it

Brad

Never thought of that, guess so. Maybe there's a program that will allow me to download it. It's not music just audio. Besides I can hook my tape recorder up and record it that way. It's just a big hassle.

Maybe this won't work if the file is protected, but try looking for it in your Temporary Internet Files folder.
I've often found videos that I'd just watched live there.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question correctly, but whenever I listen to an audio link with Windows Media Player (which I do often) after it's played click on "File" in Media Player, then "Save as". Rename it if you want, it should save it to your comp in the folder you specify.

Maybe this won't work if the file is protected, but try looking for it in your Temporary Internet Files folder.
Thanks CZAR. Exactly as I meant.
But have you ever gotten this : sometimes files are time-protected. IE, after a certain date you stop being able to open them.

I always wondered if there was a way to bypass that. (But I guess this would come up to pirating, so...)

arent there programs that save streaming audio or something like that? cant think of a name now but try ww.download.com in audio section. good luck

To download Real Audio files:

Most site upload the media as *.ram files, these are just tiny text files that direct RealPlayer to the file...

So, download the *.ram file (Save target as...) and then open it up in notepad. Then paste the link that you see in notepad into your download manager i.e. GetRight.

Hope this helps :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back