how can i make this work

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by canadian_divx, Oct 26, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i bought need for speed hot persute 2 and i was playing it and i saaw 2 problems, on my computer freezes everyonce and a wile with a high pitch hiss comming from my speakers and i reinstalled the drivers and no luck and hte game leggs when i go near water in the maps or where there is a crash, which i know i could buy a new video card but i have no money to spend on it.

my system specs are:
    amd 1600+ 1.5ghz
    896sdram
    main 40gb 7200rpm
    secondary 40gb 5400rpm
    gforce 2 mx 400 64mb ddr
    sound blaster aduigy gamer win xp pro
    350w power

any help weather it be overclocking (which i have no clue waht to do) or anything that does not cost me money or a lot of money

2. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

have you tried turning down the graphics detail in the game?

3. canadian_divx

yea i have but i it did not change much

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

First of all; if there are any EAX sound settings in the game, disable them.

Getting new video drivers for your graphics card might help also.

5. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

will the EAX settings really make much of a difference with his system specs???

6. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Sometimes EAX messes up games, my specs are higher then his, and EAX still screws games up, it's not dependent of the specs.

7. canadian_divx

thanks for all the help but i did it hte harsh way and it is working now, i tryed new drivers and older ones and the omega ones and no luck, i tryed updating my sound and no luck, i tryed game os and no lick so i formatted and now it works and it is all good