Hotmail/MSN server down?

TittleBitties said:
Ummm...msn is down again...i got kicked off and i checked the status and it says its having troubles :(
wow this seems to be a new thing for M$ lately huh? glad I don't use there services :)

yeah like 5 min later it was fine...but now its not...even the page that tells its status isnt working

I get into Hotmail - but get a "page not found" for the status now - it must be going up and down!

I can't imagine actually paying for an account and having it go down at random... I would demand some sort of compensation. Of course I probably wouldn't get a thing though. :rolleyes:

TittleBitties said:
Who said we r paying for it? I aint.

Plenty of people pay for it... "Extra Storage." If you have Hotmail, then you get the emails all the time telling you to upgrade your account.

ming said:
Does anyone have the same problem as I do?
I can't seem to be able to log into my MSN nor load the hotmail web page.
I have 20 Hotmail accounts and as we speak they're working o.k.

MSN/Hotmail is currently upgrading it's servers to accomodate version 6.1 of MSN Messenger. Apparently there are some changes in the way MSN Messenger handles email, big enough to cause problems, hence the upgrade. All we can do is wait.

BTW, where is that status page you people were talking about?

Well the only way i know is when it wont let u sign in and it gives u a screen and u can click on the button to see the status.

damnyank said:
In the future - open MSN Messenger, click on help and then Service Status - it will tell you if anything is down on their end:

It currently says:

Service Status
This page will be updated when information becomes available.

.NET Messenger Service Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 3/12/2004 12:38:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

.NET Voice Service
All systems are stable and running.
Glaanieboy - I posted this the other day - re: getting to the status page!

Lee said:
I have 20 Hotmail accounts and as we speak they're working o.k.

Errr... if you haven't noticed... I started this thread on the 12th March when the Hotmail/MSN server was down.

There has also been reports saying the server was down yesterday too, but all seems fine now.

It was down yesterday thats why i started up the thread again...no sense in starting another.

Alright, MSN Messenger works, but the e-mail doesn't. Not via hotmail.com, msn.com, MSN messenger, Outlook 2003, nothin'...

Glaanieboy said:
Alright, MSN Messenger works, but the e-mail doesn't. Not via hotmail.com, msn.com, MSN messenger, Outlook 2003, nothin'...

Ummm...OK? I unno what u r smokin. Must just be your computer cause everything is fine for me.

Well, when you open up hotmail and/or use the link in MSN Messenger, it first brings you to an encrypted page, which works fine. But the encrypted page brings you to a non-encrypted page (where the e-mail items are shown) and that's the page that doesn't load.

Glaanieboy said:
MSN/Hotmail is currently upgrading it's servers to accomodate version 6.1 of MSN Messenger. Apparently there are some changes in the way MSN Messenger handles email, big enough to cause problems, hence the upgrade. All we can do is wait.
Hey Glaanieboy - thanks for the info - it appears that is the most definitive info that has come out of this thread!!!:cool:

TittleBitties said:
I like Cheese!!! Is that good info?
You are very lucky I do not react to immaturity the same as SPeedy_B does!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back