Hot! Hot! Hot!

hey just reading , saw cpuidle pro. i downloaded it. i get error opening it something about drivers. i read the read me told me these steps..

"1. Copy the cpuidlep.sys driver file to <WINNT dir>\system32\drivers
2. Add the cpuidlep.reg file to the registry be double-clcicking
Reboot.
3.After booting CpuIdle should be able to use the driver. "

would be nice if they included these files.. i cant find it on there site or on my system. plz help

Originally posted by Grinder
P.S. Goku, being in the UK is probably sleeping by now anyhow.:rolleyes:

I'm awake 24/7 alongside my PC :D

Anyway, running CPUIdle my CPU at full loads goes up to 57c which compared to 67c is a big improvement. Constant IDLE temp is now 51c.

Even more amazed with this program.

Temp dropped even more now.

wouldn't have anything with the fact it's night time and the room temp would it?

:cool:

Goku, You should have an idle temp in the range of mid 30's Celcius.

You should have a full load temp in the range of mid to high 50's to low 60's Celcius.

Less is always better. :)

Question: How may exhaust fans are you running and are they exiting to a wall or to open space?
Two fans would be prefered.

If they are exiting to a confined area then it's backing up and not producing a good flow for the hot air in the case.

You might consider a piece of ducting from the intake fan area to close to the CPU. This way you get an extra blast of fresh/cooler air over the CPU area. Kind of flatten the duct at the CPU side and aim it toward the base of the CPU/Heatsink. Don't shove the inlet side of the ducting too close to the intake fan, otherwise you won't permit the intake fan to push air through the case.

All this and much more if ya want it to be COOL :D

first off, stop using cpuidle. it can seriously damage your chip. it is stopping clock cycles to cut temp. basically it takes ur chip and turns it off for a second then back on again. ur shocking it and will damage it. besides the fact that if u leave it running for a few hours of doing nothing it will bsod ur comp.

secondly, water cooling is safe, but unless you use a refrigeration unit like i do, u will only cool ur cpu to room temp + 7 degrees C

The water resivoir tank, where the water is held will be at room temp. the radiator will also be at room temp so you may not gain much. if u use a refrigeration unit like i do, now you have to protect against moisture and condensation. you have to grease the pins of the cpu with dialetic grease so if they get wet they dont rust. then you seal the socket with silicon so no water can get in. then u put neoprene foam around everything to protect against condensation

Did anyone else notice that his VCORE went down? That can cause heat problems too, are you overclocking?

yea, my first post. anyway, my processor temp is about 53c right now, and the hotest ive had it was 55c, i dont know too much bout temps, but could you tell me if thats ok or not. thanks for the help.

Amd Athlon xp 1800+ underclocked to a 1.14 ghz cause of the fujin bios needs updated (Rips hair out)
Ecs k7s5a
gf 2 ti

Originally posted by catch23
have fun with your P4 and the performance loss :p

The performance loss is sooooo small no human can ever tell.

I would rather have slightly reduced performance than a toasted chip.

Goku, its probably running cooler now, because it is cooler over there, no?

Those temps are just crazy....... even on my 1600+ @ 2000+ (vcore @ 1.825v and my V7+) I still get 33'C Idle.... and my case is about as ghey as your gonna get (only exhaust fan). That's just crazy, different climates I suppose.

Do what I do.... take off ur side panel hehe :D

i recon we should do sum test's.....

sum 1 wid a amd there gettin rid of should try fryin it 2 see how how b4 it bugger's;)

This may sound like a really stupid question, but how could I find out what temp my pc is running at. Honestly, I have no idea. After reading this I'm kinda worried, it is quite warm here at the moment.

a) as stated earlier, using CPUIdle is not a good idea. All it does is shut down idle CPU instructions while its not doing anything. What harm does this cause? Rapid expansion and contraction (heat up, cool down) of the die... It's much better for your CPU to sit at 50deg celcius all day long than jump from 30 to 50 constantly.

b) forget about all these doomsday posts. like 'SHUT IT DOWN'.... even though high 60's is hot, it is NOWHERE NEAR DAMAGING YOUR CPU.

c) if you don't like it that high, get a better hsf.

AMD engineers would be laughing at most of you.... :p

Originally posted by catch23
AthlonXPs BURN UP at 90°C

When an AthlonXP reaches 90°C ...IT DIES...right then and there...

tomshardware did a test a while ago - what happens to a cpu when the hsf is taken off. the cpu flew upto 390 degrees and burned out - however, it didnt happen instantly, took a few seconds, which the common assumption would be if it was rising so fast in temp, it woulda been over 150oC at the time of burning up??

I have no heat problems - but i leave the side off me case a bit to let any air in cuz my room gets dead hot sometimes (window in room is facing the sun for most of the day :( )

Eve's question

Eve - in answer to your question, you could try Motherboard Monitor ( http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ ) in order to be able to monitor your system temps.

I don't know if it's the best one available, it might not work with all boards, and it takes a little while to set it up (or at least it did for my board)... but I've been using it for a while & had no problems.

If anyone else knows a better one, I'm sure they'll post and let us know!

cheers,

I happily read through this whole thread, and decided to give cooling via removing side cover of tower a try. Guess what? It is much cooler!

the system usually runs at 49 degrees celcius on average.
after i had removed the side cover, it now runs at 45 degrees celcius. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back