Horizontal lines in picture at lower resolutions.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kevin Ar18, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

I have a Sony Trinitron 19" flatscreen (not thinscreen) CRT monitor.

When I switch into lower resolutions like 800x600 and 640x480 I notice thin horizontal lines.

I've attached an image to show what I mean

The left side is taken with a 320 x 240 resolution and the second image with a 1024 x 760 resolution.

You will notice that the lower resolution has many little horizontal lines between each row of pixels. I'm wondering why this is.

2. Kevin Ar18

I couldn't get the image up because of my filter, so here it is in this message.

NOTE: These image were taken with a digital camera at around the same distance from the monitor.
    As indicated in my first post, they are just pictures of a section of my screen at different resolutions.

The one on the right is NOT a zoomed in version, but just a different resolution.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

that's just how a trinitron works. that's how most, if not all flat crt's work. mine, for instance, has tiny vertical black lines.

[edit]btw, what kind of camera did you use to take that picture? must be pretty good to get that close-up detail.

4. Kevin Ar18

Do you know why it has to put black horizontal lines in at lower resolutions but doesn't at higher ones?

5. rettahc

rettahc Guest

the lines are probably there at higher resoulution, but they are so close togeather that you can't see them:D

No Idea if what I just said is true but is sounds good:D

6. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

thats how the monitor works. I am guessing that it is a flat crt, correct? The do not perform well at low resolutions.