Hooked on UT 2003

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by bullelk, Nov 22, 2002.

1. bullelk

bullelk Guest

Hello All,

I am addicted to UT 2003 and play every evening for too long. I own the retail game and treat the 3 disc set with care but I am afraid that Disc 1 will get scratched ect since I have to use it everytime I want to play.

Is there some way I can load all of the needed files from the Disc onto my harddrive and preserve the sacred disc from damage? I was hoping there was an option to do so during the intial installation but it didn't happen.

Has anyone done this?

2. keylo

keylo Guest

yes there is a solution....

you need to grab the UT2k3 no-cd patch... i wont put the url here, cuz i dont know whats allowed and whats not exactly... but i am sure if you do a search on the net you will find what you are looking for :)

3. bullelk

bullelk Guest

Thanks Keylo, I found the file and will install it tonight.

4. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

keylo you were right in thinking that no-cd fixs are classed as warez...i have had this discussion before and last i was told they are not to be posted:p

5. bullelk

bullelk Guest

Sorry Bony,

My intent was simply to save my disc from harm, I would not try to ask anyone here to post anything that violates the forum rules.

Please accept my apology.

6. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Lol...no need bullelk i was not complaining i think a large majority of users in here use at some time no-cd fixs....i do!! i cannot stand swapping cds and having my drives spinning up,it was that i asked a question is a no-cd fix classed as warez a while ago and the reply in the end was yes...i had to ask i did not fully understand the situation(i was told to read the rules which i did but obviously missed the no-cd fix bit:rolleyes: )

7. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Lol...no need bullelk i was not complaining nothing bothers me :--) i think a large majority of users in here use at some time no-cd fixs....i do!! i cannot stand swapping cds and having my drives spinning up,it was that i asked a question is a no-cd fix classed as warez a while ago and the reply in the end was yes...i had to ask i did not fully understand the situation(i was told to read the rules which i did but obviously missed the no-cd fix bit:rolleyes: )