Home vs. Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by loppdawg69, Apr 10, 2002.

1. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

Ok heres a question...is pro's requirements higher the home edition. I am upgrading a laptop of a friends i think its a 400 or so..they currently have a messed version of home but also own pro..which should i go to, i prefer pro but dont know if the system reqs are higher or not.
  2. rodzilla

rodzilla Guest

From my understanding there are not any different system requirements between home and pro. Here is a link with the basic differences but I am sure you already know this. Click Here!. One thing! I have XP pro running on a 400 with 64 megs or memory and it was a pig until I added another 128, so you might take that into consideration!
  3. MrW

MrW Guest

The difference in versions are as follows

Home Edition can't logon a domain (well it's not susposed to, with Powertoys you can).

Some networking tools can't remember which aren't included.

There should not be a difference in performance between the two editions.
  4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    mrw...this is supposed to be a myth...and every expert that I know says there's nothing in power toys to accomplish this, so, we all have power toys....if you know how to do it, please post it...thanx
  5. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Pro is also said to have better security...not really sure what it is though...