HMTL scripting annoying problem

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by striko_514, Mar 19, 2003.

1. striko_514

striko_514 Guest

I always feel dumb when I’m asking a question, but I guess is always better to be stupid than be ignorant. Lol. I have a problem, a small problem that just annoying. I started making a web page with Microsoft Front Page, I copied and pasted a text which was written in double lines, I don’t know if you understand. Is written like this:

Text, blah blah blah
    <space>
    Text, blah blah blah
    <space>

I copied and pasted this text on in my MS FrontPages. Here is the annoying problem, when I try to backspace and make it to single line, it doesn’t let me to do it. I have to leave all my text with double lines. Sure, I can edit the script and change the text to single line. But now, every time when I hit Enter (in MS FrontPage), I got a double line enter, and it don’t let me to write in single line. Can someone help me setting the option back to single line please? Thank you in advance.

2. thebear

thebear d(-.-)b

this happens with me in Outlook sometimes, the solution (for me atleast) is to press Shift+Enter to do a single line

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yeah that's probably it. Enter probably makes a <P> (new paragraph) and Shift-Enter makes a <BR> (new line).

4. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

Its also the same way in DW MX

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

this is why everyone should hand code! :)