HL2 Stress test/benchmark

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 2, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

I have a bit of a question. most of you have probably seen some of the Stress Tests or Benchmarks for HL2 that run through the tunnel where you see the transparent dude in front of the fire, and they have the panels hanging showing water distortion, shading, and the ever favorite Gordon Freeman in his own little stained glass display. Well.... is there a way for one to use that stress test on his own computer? kinda wanna see how well my computer will handle it. Like... is it a part of 3Dmark 05 or something else that i can download to go through it?

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

not sure but that is a good question...will look around and see and get back to you

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

well... i found where to get the stress test. it's included with CS: Source. I'll probably be quite fine with my current setup to run HL2. think it averaged about 50fps.

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Yes both my FX5700 ULTRA and my 9600XT give me the same scores give or take 3-4 fps either way on any given day. (avg 64fps)

I just got the 9800 PRO for 198$US and I cant wait to see how well that will run I am sure I am going to be happy, I could not pass it up at that price.