HL2 Source Leak

Compiling the source on it's own just gives you an exe which spits errors at you if you try and run it :)

I heard that, it'll be interesting to see the backlash from the 'demo' leak though, see what good ol' Gabe has to say about it all

Originally posted by Teddy
Haven't read all this thread but...I wouldn't be suprised if this is Valve's way of hiding the fact that the game was incomplete and wasn't going to be released on time.

So many delays and missed release dates..instead of missing another one (Septermber was it?) why not blame some evil hacker and use that as an excuse to put it back 5 more months!? They dont get the blame and have more time to work on the game.

I mean come on...what EXACTLY is stopping them releasing it this year? Why not release it sooner rather than later so that the so called hackers dont have time to compile whatever the stole and release it on the net.

Who the hell is stooopid enough to leave such vital data on a PC connected to the net!?! Oh so convinient huh.

one other game... doom III... why no hullabaloo over that as much as hl2 being delayed ? doom III is far more delayed :)

Ok I preordered HL2 on EB some time ago. So obviously the release date has changed from November. This is what i have

Order Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Method: Mastercard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half-Life 2 (Item ######) Expected Release Date: 03/31/04
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $49.99

Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping: $4.99
Tax: $0.00
Total: $54.98

Well I guess march it is.

Originally posted by Sazar
one other game... doom III... why no hullabaloo over that as much as hl2 being delayed ? doom III is far more delayed :)

carmack can do no wrong, by 90% of the FPS community. I on the other hand dispise that man and his huge ego.

sorry, my question didnt come out right. i do realize that you can compile it quite easily, but i wanted to know who had the textures, sound files, etc.. Valve didnt say that was among the stuff taken.

and btw: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235059.asp

it ships 3/31/2004. at least until Valve says they cant meet shipping orders, and then it will get pushed back another year.

does anyone think that this may have to do with the fact that if they come out with HL2 soon that no one on earth will purchase condition zero which they've put a lot of money time and effort into it. I know CZ will not have the impact of HL2 but I dont think that they just want it to go to waste

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
sorry, my question didnt come out right. i do realize that you can compile it quite easily, but i wanted to know who had the textures, sound files, etc.. Valve didnt say that was among the stuff taken.

and btw: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235059.asp

it ships 3/31/2004. at least until Valve says they cant meet shipping orders, and then it will get pushed back another year.

I think (not confirmed fact) that the same people who took the source took a lot more than stated. To my knowledge the only people who have officially said how much was taken is Valve, obviously whoever did take it isn't going to stand up and shout "Nah, you're wrong, I got this, this, this and this" which is why I think that Vavle saying only a 1/3 of the source was taken was just a decoy to stop people downloading it, thinking that not having a full set isn't worth the bother. Of course, it stopped no one, IF it was a decoy tactic.

[edit] That date isn't official, no dates are set, rumour is now that it will still be out fo christmas. Nothing is absolute until confirmed by Valve, which is expected to happen soon.

Originally posted by Tuffgong4
does anyone think that this may have to do with the fact that if they come out with HL2 soon that no one on earth will purchase condition zero which they've put a lot of money time and effort into it. I know CZ will not have the impact of HL2 but I dont think that they just want it to go to waste

I think they're clever enough to set release dates far apart enough not to have their own games competing against each other for sales... even with delays.

The playable leak was comipled on 26th September, so its as up to date as anything seen yet on the internet, whether it be screenshots, videos or whatever

so, the "beta" is based on the source code leak, and its not the demo from E3 as was specultaed before?

It seems to be the demo from e3 and a few more maps, no single player, no multiplayer

No one knows if this is real or not.

According to several Half-life related websites and HL related IRC chatrooms word is the thief who stole the Half-Life 2 source code from Valve is threatening to release the entire source code. Here is his/her statement:

"To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to understand it wasnt finished yet. Also I'd like to point out the E3 [demo] was one big fake by Valve. Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no such thing as a much better release in Valves network! "

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do."

uh huh.... not that i dont believe you, but the internet is full of liars.

btw, for more hl2 news: Valve said that the hacker's ip was a danish one...just one more tidbit of info.

makes you wounder who is telling the truth..... i personaly don't want to download the stolen copy ( its not a leak it was stolen there is a difference) I don't want to ruine my first impression of HL2 why would valve spoof something like that....? even tho if it is scripted its still hella cool just not as cool as if they where thinking on there own to kick the door in or not. This whole thing is all messed up I feel for valve but there still getting my 50 bucks when the game comes out.

To all you people complaining thath it was delayed and that valve deserved this, you have only known of the games existence for 6 months if they delayed it tell this time next your it would be right on target for any other game release cept well doom 3 thats been delayed since well 2000 go complain about carmack *grumble stupid loser..... grumble* but why complain when you have only known of it for 6 months....... SIX!!! I'm just not getting this..... but then again I'm not some little punk who thinks everyone owes them something, I got news for you people...... no body owes you jack. You need to get over that real quick..

well, some people do play copies of the game before the game hits the store shelf. i personally have done it a few times. i think it gives you a good idea about what the game will be like when it is officially out. but you are right, Krux. it does ruin any surprises.

Originally posted by Thebodygrd
Also I'd like to point out the E3 [demo] was one big fake by Valve. Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

Valve also said that in various instances the AI was encouraged to take specific actions. Oh and it was a beta for video coverage so things may have been different.

It also seems a pre-gold version of Condition Zero has now leaked as well as information about the CS port for HL2

This sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back