HL2 Source Leak

way to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, Valve....

looks like e3 stuff to me and buggy as hell.
the april date is unconfirmed by valve.

i would still like to know who leaked it in the first place...

Originally Posted by Speedy_B
The "beta" was only leaked today, any previous files were fake

Or did they know about it all along - remember they also said that only a SMALL portion of the source was taken today too, but that was in relation to the news that the game had been delayed until April.

Lord - my head is spinning...

:D

Haha,
Have a look at the front page of Warp2Search - talk about things changing by the minute.

1) PlanetHalfLife Says rumors of a Beta Leak are completely False
October 06 @ 22:31:47 CEST
2) Half Life 2 Delayed until April 2004
October 07 @ 13:10:13 CEST
3)Vivendi Universal Says Delay Not Confirmed
Tuesday, October 07 @ 17:10:58 CEST
4)Half-Life 2 Beta leaks
Tuesday, October 07 @ 17:30:46 CEST

Hahahaha :D

^^ haha, thats great. :D I think everyone needs to calm down.

lol, those headlines are quite nice. the next one will probably be something like, "You Can Find the Beta Here!!"

lolz

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Or did they know about it all along - remember they also said that only a SMALL portion of the source was taken today too, but that was in relation to the news that the game had been delayed until April.

Lord - my head is spinning...

:D
One third (1/3) of the source was leaked, I personally don't know and wouldnt be able to tell by looking at it, if the source was full.
But i do think its bull**** to stop people downloading the source... could be wrong.. its just an opinion :)

im pretty sure they leaked more than 1/3 of the source-code, but i am no C++ wizard or anything, plus i dont wanna look through all that code.

I think there just sayin its pushed bk 4 months , blaming it on the leak, i reckon they cud neva have made it out b4 xmas or @ xmas so there using the leak as in excuse

Hmmm, on one hand its something that they have spent 5 years of their lives working on.
On the other hand if the source was released - think what people could do and the Mod's which could be made.

If i was valve and the whole lot had been stolen i would make it the world 1st Major League open source game, but release it all on retail as a package.

did they really spend 5 years working on it? or just 4 years of celebration and a couple months of work...

and i have seen some mods in production, they look incredible

hmm, im starting to get the strange feeling that when April 2004 comes around, something involving extraterrestrials, a vcr, and a donkey will force valve to "delay" the game again...

if there is a game... (cough conspiracy cough)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
One third (1/3) of the source was leaked, I personally don't know and wouldnt be able to tell by looking at it, if the source was full.
But i do think its bull**** to stop people downloading the source... could be wrong.. its just an opinion :)

why is it bull ?

its not like it was a leak by someone they had given the information to like what happens with beta releases of drivers and the like...

this is stolen intellectual property that can be used to develop other games w/o licenses.. that and the legal implications of what is containing within itself makes it a no-no to either advertise or distribute the code or any other part of hl2...

@ the end of the day there is real time/money invested in this product that can be used for free or maliciously...

for whats its worth... I don't condone it...

as for the mod community.. they have already been provided with the tools to develop the mods... the leak will do nothing for them that valve has not done already I dont think...

Half Life 2 game has been leaked.

As the title implys the actual Beta build of the game has been leaked, here's a link to a copy of the .nfo where they say it wasn't mygot. http://izonews.com/release.php3?releaseid=84209

Anyways the file is around 1.3 gigs, kind of shocking and kind of expected at the same time that it came out.

Because it's big news about a game that people had been saying before wasn't fully stolen?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back