HL2 Source Leak

as an fyi.. the entire source code was not leaked...

What makes you think that Sazar - as far as i can tell not only was the full source leeked, but all the GFX too.

Well - I just read this in yesterdays newspaper (The Independent, a UK daily broadsheet) which said that the exposure was purely the source code for the game's engine. It covered a number of quotes so either they were playing it down - or that's the situation. They do seem to have a good idea of what their exposure is.

Then again, they say there's no such thing as bad exposure - and Half Life 2 is getting a helluva lot for free here!

Just my two cents...

Well, i hear what you say Mainframeguy - but im hearing that not only did the source leak, but the GFX AND the full version of the game as it was at that time (about a month ago).

Hell, all of this is just speculation anyway - time will tell.

None of that has been confirmed.
Valves official statement said gabe's source tree had been taken which was part of hte source code.

They have said nothing about the full game being leaked.

Yeah, i know that EP - thats why i said...

Hell, all of this is just speculation anyway - time will tell.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
What makes you think that Sazar - as far as i can tell not only was the full source leeked, but all the GFX too.

gabe...

no artwork was leaked... source code was and even that was not a full build...

Originally posted by Sazar
gabe...

no artwork was leaked... source code was and even that was not a full build...

well thats good to know but it just plain sucks.

hmm, intesting thread. Thanks for the link, Speedy, pretty informative.

doh beat to it ... just saw the april '04 and was gonna post it here :eek:

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Me = Sceptical... I think its all out....

Time will tell.

Just my opinion.

if it was all out raja compilation of the leak would have allowed for people to start doing more don't you think ?

there is a russian dev who has already decided that he will use the leaked code in his own games development... lets see what happens to him...

unscrupulous characters are not appreciated :)

Well, your missing my point Sazar - what i said was that it was rumored that the rest of it had been taken, but not released yet.

This you will also see in the link that speedy_b posted.

People DO have a version of the game compiled and running a few maps, but they are not supposed to be maps from the final game.

But there is something strange going on now - Valve are now saying that the whole of the source code wasnt knicked, and that only part of it was - but theres 160Mb of uncompressed code out there im told (32Meg compressed). Seems a hell of a lot for only part of it dont you think.

I still think the whole lots been stolen, but nobody is releasing because of the uproar the theft of the code has caused and the possibility of getting a good rimming from the FBI.

What do you mean by "Doing More" anyway - like you say some ruskies are already saying they are gonna use it so why not some hack writer?

Again JMO... ;)

we can speculate all we want really :)

I am just going to stick with what I know @ this time instead of going off on these different tangents... there is more out there but no point going into it unless there is solid material :)

just to remind everyone... no linking or mention of warez dl's or places where one may be able to get files...

thanks...

i dont think that ATI leaked the source code of HL2, after paying $6 million to be partners with Valve.
Although having Nvidia do it, after Valve choosing ATI as a partner, would make more sense, it would be the end of Nvidia as a company if they were caught.
Prolly some guy who new some1 on the inside and just social engineered his way in. It was done quite well, imo.

i wonder if any other game companies have the source code yet....

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
i wonder if any other game companies have the source code yet....

If they do then their lawyers will be busy people, basically every new upcoming fps games just starting development is going to be looked at hard for any traces. Of course, that is if its real..

but aside from the obvious legal situation the company would be in if they got caught, do you think some one will try to steal it, if not the whole than parts of it??

Quite possible...yes. I'm glad HL2 isn't coming out, honestly. It gives me time to save so I can have a l337 system to keep up with everyone else when it comes out! Plus this delay means Radeons will finally drop in price!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back