HL2 ships on time.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ditchhopper, Aug 6, 2003.

1. ditchhopper

ditchhopper OSNN Addict

Valve is now stating that HL2 will go Gold on Sept, 13 and and arrive on the 30th as scheduled!! A miscommunication between Valve and Vivendi is the reason for the earllier reports of a delay in shipping. >WOOHOO<

It also would appear that Valve has fixed the FSAA problem for Nvidea users and that it should no longer be a problem either.

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Excellent news indeed! I'm glad they fixed the NVidia thing. Playing such a great looking game without FSAA would be a shame, especially when your card is capable of doing it without much of a performance hit.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

yup the chat transcripts are up for the session online recently @ a few places... I will see if I can dig it up...

the AA issue does appear to have been corrected... it was not just nvidia though... it was ATi cards that was affected as well though the work around was supposedly easier for ATi cards due to some support in their hardware for centroid sampling...

nvidia was to have a software solution... but I am sure they can work around it... as they have stated...

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3071

there you go :)

enjoy...

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

was just about to say the same as sazar :D
    the fsaa wasn't just nvidia :)

5. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

weeeeee! now I can start burning more hours of my life away on schedual!

With such prolonged periods of play, I may actually fuse with my chair, and become one symbiotic being... Tell my mother I love her, and the broken window wasn't me

6. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

now is it time for me to go shopping for newer and better hardware.

here i come 9800

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

DitchHopper may your days be long and prosperous. You rock for the sweetest info Ive heard all day and your sig is total bad @ss. Long live the Gordon.

8. mike09

mike09 Moderator

will comp be able to handle half life 2?
    p4 2.0
    768 ddr sdram
    and 9500pro when it comes tomorrow

9. Zansky

Zansky Guest

Im sorry but I need to see proof of this. I don't believe it untill i see proof.

10. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Most definately.

11. mike09

mike09 Moderator

i went to my local eb store and they told me the game ships on november 30th? is this true because this would be a true bummer.

12. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

don't think so... Valve has said that the game should be arriving on the 30th, although I have still seen various release dates left and right (November 19th was the closest I could find to 30) the new horrible best buy website has it listed as arriving on november 3-12, so you can tell that there is still some uncertainty

but again, valve says the 30th, so we can only pray