HL2 Countdown!

Its 1:47 over here...i woke up to unlock it....and maybe sample it..

Got my copy this morning in post no time to install it yet coz I am in work till 4 pm. Dose any one know where it will install to. Program files or straight into the steam folder. If it goes into program files will steam then want to import it later so I can play online, like it did with Half Life, Counter Strike and Day of Defeat. I got the DVD coz I wanted to install it on my work PC as well as at home, will it let me or is it going to stop me form unlocking it more than once. I will find out in 6 hours, but I am very board waiting to finish work.

Just brought it. HOWEVER i have no internet connection at home so im royally screwed. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well i can look at the disk!

Keep looking on the net. Someone will come up with a fix for peeps with no internet in next few days ;)

Its so anoying, its discrimination i tell ya. hehe. I have a phone line and everything, PC just aint picking up the dial tone. Works fine at proper home, uni home is just not doing the biz tho. Theres a helpline number on the front of the case. I wonder if they would be so kind and reg it for me :D

I just played it for a few hours :D :D :D wow....

Mine is still in Kentucky according to Fedex. Mere hours seems so far away ......

Update ... Illinois now... yay!

Been playing it for over 3 hours non-stop. Excellent so far :D

Our copy came this morning :D Liam will be counting the hours at school today waiting to get home :rolleyes:

This may be seen as sad by some, but I have yet to finish HL1 and have yet to play Doom 3 (which I have owned for a month or more!)..... so I guess I am just not a gamer!

Did see a HL2 poster on a London bus today that made me smile though, no idea if I could google a pic (doubt it), but it said "Gym's cancelled..." or something like that, made me smile and realise exactly what date it was! :D

Someone get pics of the retail package and screenshots of the retail game :D:D:D.

Grandmaster said:
Well I don't know if you heard about the leak about a year ago...that was really bad.
yea, i remember that.
but in terms of a retail release, theres nothing yet on the net.

i ordered from futureshop (bestbuy), and the order status says not shippable.
WT%

I can't wait to get home and finally play it but I also have a question.
This is the first game I buy through steam and I was wondering how it works...
Do I get to burn a cd with the game on it (for when I reinstall windows) or what?
My friend was playing earlier this morning and he said it kept "loading" every few minutes...and it was a real pain. He doesn't not have a crappy machine and the only thing I could think of was he is playing it from the steam file???

TIA

got my Collectors Edition. *sniff* such a pretty sight. though they coulda packed the actual 320 page strategy guide in wit it. stupid hint book.

edit: now installing. installer don't take too long with the DVD. but unlocking it and everything else takes a day and a half. probably won't be able to play online till like.... later tonight since it can't activate it yet due to server load. meh. single player for me.

edit #2: on a side note, when you install.... during the unlocking process and everything.... take a nap. takes for..... damn...... ever.

A thing of beauty! I love overnight shipping. heh. Too bad I have to get back to work :(. I'll get around to it after I get home. This is the collector's edition. It comes on DVD instead of CDs and it has a t-shirt with it. Other than that, the Gold bundle on steampowered.com has more stuff.

IM000016_resize_resize.jpg

vern said:
A thing of beauty! I love overnight shipping. heh. Too bad I have to get back to work :(. I'll get around to it after I get home. This is the collector's edition. It comes on DVD instead of CDs and it has a t-shirt with it. Other than that, the Gold bundle on steampowered.com has more stuff.

IM000016_resize_resize.jpg

OMG shizzle my nizzle that is sexy

RAR fixed uni home problem, dodgy modem hehe. Well updating now, COME ON

Still not home. An acquaintance managed to snap some shots ...

Shots taken on an X800 PE.

Sorry to those with less than 1280 resolution for the side scrolling. :eek:

background010000.jpg

d1_trainstation_020000.jpg

d1_trainstation_020001.jpg

d1_trainstation_040000.jpg

d1_trainstation_040001.jpg

d1_trainstation_050003.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back